Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gdlow:
There is a computer update for the panels...perhaps yours has not been done...It is a "free" update provided by workhorse for this issue...Before I had it done..I had the same issue 3 times within a 6 month period...since then It still happened once...in 1 1/2 yrs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actia dash computer update. Have any idea what time period?????? Is this the complete panel replacement??? Or a computer only update???

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by campernut2:
Tom N I ran the mode test and nothing wrong showed up that was wrong. Love intermittent problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I find the test entertaining to watch. Good luck.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Actia dash computer update. Have any idea what time period?????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tom, The software update is a component of the campaign that was accomplished regarding the Actia IP. The campaign number is: 50402-C. The software update applies to 2003 and 2004 models with the Actia cluster. The software update address warning lamps indicating a brake failure. Occasionally the lamp would be lit when a failure didn't exist.

As far as I know there isn't any software update that address transient fuel gauge drop outs or any other issues related to the IP other than the campaign above.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:26 AM   #18

Gdlow I will check in to that.
It reminds me of Vegas where the machine dings loudly like you won and then resets itself to no win! LOL
Hubby takes it in for its oil change and we are getting that checked out this week
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:48 AM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Hey guys, I just joined the Acita Ding Way club. Yesterday while on the road I hit the jackpot. One ding, fuel gage, temp gage, seat belt light and I don't what else went nuts. It reset itself but I got no jackpot... Hummm false alarm, just like Vegas.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:08 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The jackpot is the sound of the engine RUNNING

The loosers are the ones who do not get to hear the sound of the tow truck... TOWING.

When a bump causes this kind of behavior it's almost always a bad connection, Grounds are top of the suspect list, followed by everything else
Old 07-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #21

John-D I am inclined to think that you are right. Minnesota I-90 is terrible. We went over the same road last year with no issues but maybe this year was too much for the poor thing. You feel like you are driving over a washboard. Ding Ding!
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In July I wrote that my IC had gone nuts and resulted in no guages or speedometer, odometer or tach.
The folks at Redlands Truck & RV Service found the problem and it was a chafed wire under the dash by the emergency brake pedal.
The short resulted in my IC going nuts with all the guages not functioning.
I cannot say enough about Redlands Truck & RV Service. They are always very friendly and ready to help solve any problem.
Thanks to Keith, KC & all the employees for their great service.

2017 Forest River Heritage Glen Lite 34' Travel Trailer
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote