Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse W24 Recalls

I am looking at purchasing a 2005 MH on a W24 Workhorse Chassis. Does anyone know where I might find what the recalls have been on this chassis. In everything I have read this chassis is not included in the brake recall issue. Is this correct? Are there any other recalls that I need to be aware of.

All Help is Appreciated

Ron
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2014, 05:56 PM   #2

one thing to think of look at the date on the allison and see if its one of the 2004.5 up 5 speeds

alot of the updates where in that last 1.5 year run of the allison befor going to the 6 speed setup

some of the 2005 you can still find the older befor 2004 allison 5 speeds

giving your RV chassis should be a 2004 or older when the chassis was made its self befor the RV body was installed on it

med year 2004.5 is what your hopping it has

good and bad things about it

if you have the 2004.5 its had more up to date parts and OS in the TCM
bad it was only made for 1.5 years intell the new 6 speed

if its the older like 2002 to 04 it like to shift hard and cry at stop lights
good there every where and parts are not so hard to find as there is alot of them
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #3

Were you or are you referring to the brake recall? You can go to the Work Horse chassis web site and find the number to call and with the Vin ##### you find out if the brake recall has been done or not!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorgan6375 View Post
Were you or are you referring to the brake recall? You can go to the Work Horse chassis web site and find the number to call and with the Vin ##### you find out if the brake recall has been done or not!
No need for that because the W24 chassis is not included in the Bosch brake recall. The W24 used Arvin Meritor brakes.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #5
paz

As Ed says, the W24 has different brakes that were not part of the recall.

I have a 2005 W24 chassis. The only recall I can think of was to replace a clip on the fuel rail.

As Doug says, call Workhorse with the VIN, and they should be able to tell you if anything is outstanding.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:42 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
There was only ONE recall for the early (2005-2006) W24 chassis and that was a FUEL RAIL CLIP. I installed mine myself after Workhorse mailed it to me.

"from 05/13/2003 to 06/29/2006"

"On certain motor home and truck chassis equipped with general motors 8.1l v8 engines, improper hardening during the heat treatment process can cause the fuel rail pulse damper retainer clip to fracture, resulting in inadequate retention of the damper. if the damper becomes loose, fuel could be pumped by the fuel pump into the under hood area."

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #7
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
There was only ONE recall for the early (2005-2006) W24 chassis and that was a FUEL RAIL CLIP. I installed mine myself after Workhorse mailed it to me.

"from 05/13/2003 to 06/29/2006"

"On certain motor home and truck chassis equipped with general motors 8.1l v8 engines, improper hardening during the heat treatment process can cause the fuel rail pulse damper retainer clip to fracture, resulting in inadequate retention of the damper. if the damper becomes loose, fuel could be pumped by the fuel pump into the under hood area."

-Tom
Since you did the work yourself, I assume the recall has not been officially cleared on your chassis?
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Thank ya'll for the responses. I have found out the information that I need. I called Navastar and Gulf Stream and they were very helpful in providing the information that was needed.
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:53 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #10

There is a possibility the MH has a problematic Norcold refrigerator. You can use the forum search feature to read about it. Halon extinguishers, Amish cooling system replacement, and household refrigerator replacement are some of the topics that you can search. I believe you can call Norcold to determine if yours has had the recall work done. Beware ... the recall item will turn 12v power off to the refrig if exposed to high temps. Unfortunately the fire has already begun, in a chimney like environment, usually resulting in loss of the RV. I do not want to open up the Norcold "can of worms" here, the OP asked about possible recalls.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Since you did the work yourself, I assume the recall has not been officially cleared on your chassis?
True. I emailed Workhorse with photos but the recall still shows up as not completed. I called my closest Workhorse service center in New Bethlehem, PA. They claimed they did not have room to get a large motorhome in their garage. They also told me they had no idea how they became a Workhorse service center.

What was important to me was that is was done.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall, workhorse