Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #1

Workhorse Web Site-Anyone home?

First of all I will state that I am satisfied with my WH and have no bone to pick.

I believe that the image and public perception of a company is reflected not only in its products, but in its tangible and intangible attributes that people interact with. In the internet age, this includes the company website.

Look at the Workhorse site and particularly the motorhome products. Outdated and inaccurate information does not give a favorable impression. Under the UFO chassis, "Universal Fuel Option." A Cummins 6.7 and MaxxForce are shown as options, but are they or ever were? At least the Cummins 6.7 is updated from the 5.9 previously spec'd. Also, the manufacturer list is mostly invalid now.

What about the "R" chassis? This is a rare breed, if it still exists. And if Caterpillar is no longer building road engines, what is that about?

Yes, these are difficult times, but accuracy and honest portrayal of products are the best promotion. Of course, WH-Navistar didn't get a government bail-out, so maybe all the web design folks were laid off?? Just my opinion.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by two2go View Post
Yes, these are difficult times, but accuracy and honest portrayal of products are the best promotion. Of course, WH-Navistar didn't get a government bail-out, so maybe all the web design folks were laid off?? Just my opinion.
two2go, Web design at that level is expensive however that said, I believe that the domain now is Navistar and they do have the resources to really crank out nice websites. In the days of "yore" WCC had invested in updating their site quite a bit however now a Navistar company, I'm not exactly sure what priority website funding is receiving or whether they have still retained IT web development types at Workhorse. When any company is cutting expenses, people that are generating expense for the company are sometimes the ones that some how don't quite make the cut as much as folks that generate the income.

The site is dated and the info isn't up to the current times. It does need to be "refreshed." Maybe something is in the offing there but we'll have to wait and see.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Your subject line asks if there is anybody home at the web page.

usually, with most of the companies I've dealt with, the answer is :NO: believe it or not.

Example.. I E-mailed a TV station to ask where the transmitter is located so I can point the antenna at it.. .. Now by coincidence I now know where it's at. but I'm still waiting (over 2 weeks) for a reply.. This same station will say things on their 24 hour weather broadcast like

High today expected 38, current temp 42.

Uh.. folks.. Shouldn't you update the "high" to reflect the actual HIGH?

(I don't call it in-accu-weather for nothing.. though they don't do that at least)

But there are many web pages where nobody's home

I do have a genuine human address to E-mail though
Old 02-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two2go:

Thanks for bringing this up. Although it is not unique with Workhorse, it does not reflect well on a corporate entity such as Navistar to allow a website to become outdated or not reflecting the products they market.

I too have a Workhorse chassis (UFO) and am more than happy with the product, however, I have been very frustrated in the past with access to information in regards to the coach sourced from the corporate website.

In this information age, it only makes sense to take the time and effort to have a site which reflects well on your corporate identity. There are a lot of other major corporations who take their websites seriously and I find that I am attracted more to their products and services.

Best regards

UFO Chassis
Lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
I too have a Workhorse chassis (UFO) and am more than happy with the product, however, I have been very frustrated in the past with access to information in regards to the coach sourced from the corporate website.
Lash, If you download the 2009 Chassis Guide there's UFO stuff in there! Check it out!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I asked the powers at Workhorse to allow me to moderate and possibly help update the driveaUFO.com site. I was told that a site update was in the works. That was 18 months ago at the WH rally in Myrtle Beach.

As far as I am concerned unless the site has some kind of current content, the site does more bad than good and should just be taken off line.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #7

Cool

Must be maintaineed by the customer service dept.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The biggest problem with Workhorse is spelled NAVISTAR. That company hasn't changed since 70's when I had a Scout and a Travelall.

George
cvrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Beginning to wonder if anyone is home. Put in all the information to register my new W-22 on Feb. 4 and havent heard from them.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Beginning to wonder if anyone is home. Put in all the information to register my new W-22 on Feb. 4 and havent heard from them.
az bound, Are you able to login to the "My Motorhome" on the workhorse.com website?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
az bound, Are you able to login to the "My Motorhome" on the workhorse.com website?
Yes I can log in. I found the registration for the unit we traded in, and put in the information for the new one. Got an e-mail stating they would be contacting me. May be I am being a little to impatient. The last Workhorse I bought everything was completed the day I took delivery.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Yes I can log in. I found the registration for the unit we traded in, and put in the information for the new one. Got an e-mail stating they would be contacting me. May be I am being a little to impatient. The last Workhorse I bought everything was completed the day I took delivery.
az bound, You're the first person in this forum that I have seen with a CT Coachworks Sienna!

Congratulations!

You want to make sure that the paper work was completed by the selling dealer and he filled out your new vehicle warranty paperwork out properly.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver:

Thanks for the heads up on the coach guide. Will be downloading the information for the UFO and should come in handy.

Appreciate the heads up on this.

Regards

Ron

UFO Chassis
Lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
az bound, You're the first person in this forum that I have seen with a CT Coachworks Sienna!

Congratulations!

You want to make sure that the paper work was completed by the selling dealer and he filled out your new vehicle warranty paperwork out properly.
Traded in the 2005 Airstream Land Yatch. 30ft. with one slide. Aftre living in it full time we decided we needed more room.
Loved the Workhorse chassis and was real impressed with the residential appliances. Did some research on the company with some other owners and found their factory service to be great.
It may well be the dealer has not sent in the paperwork yet, Ill check on tuesday. Thank You