Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, is this a good deal?

Brand new 2007 UFO Chassis, 8.1 Eng. and 6 Sp Allison Transmission for $10,500.

2007 Workhorse Pusher RV Chassis 8 1L Gas Allison 6 Speed New Never Upfitted | eBay

If by chance you can't build your own box for it, I wonder if one of the OEMs would put a house on it and if so I wonder what it would cost. Maybe put a 5er on it and build a cab. Or just put a bucket seat on it and take it to the "Dragstrip"

Does any one know what an OEM paid WH for the completed chassis. That would be interesting to know not only for the UFO , but also the W and P series.

I paid $14,000 just for a new 8.1, with installation.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Max, I can't comment on how much a UFO or W and P chassis might cost, but when I bought my new 34TGA this year the "sticker" was left in my stack of manuals and other paper work. The 22000k chassis, a Ford E 550 listed for just a little under $30,000.00. I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but may give you an idea.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
Brand new 2007 UFO Chassis, 8.1 Eng. and 6 Sp Allison Transmission for $10,500.

2007 Workhorse Pusher RV Chassis 8 1L Gas Allison 6 Speed New Never Upfitted | eBay

If by chance you can't build your own box for it, I wonder if one of the OEMs would put a house on it and if so I wonder what it would cost. Maybe put a 5er on it and build a cab. Or just put a bucket seat on it and take it to the "Dragstrip"

Does any one know what an OEM paid WH for the completed chassis. That would be interesting to know not only for the UFO , but also the W and P series.

I paid $14,000 just for a new 8.1, with installation.
You'd be getting your money's worth alright. Question is, what would one do with it unless they owned a coach factory and it would have to cost a small fortune, putting a house on such a creature, whether you did it on your own or not. Much more than you could buy a low mileage unit, ready to go, that's for sure.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well the history of these would be interesting. I wonder if he bought these from WH because no OEM wanted them or if an OEM already had them but did'nt want to build the house on it.
You're right, when you think about it, it would be a tremendous amount of work and money to build a nice MH on it. An OEM could do it the most effieciently but you're right again, they'd probably charge as much as a whole new MH.
OH well, I bet if it was down in Mexico, they'd build a cab for it and put a U-Haul box on it and make a living with it.
Or ; it already looks like a "Rail Dragster"
It still seems to me he could get more than $10,500 parting it out. Is the rear engine 8.1 and Allison the same as a front engine?
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote