RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2015, 05:49 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Grey ghost I, no maybe about it, being able to do almost everything myself is worth its weight in gold, which includes, like you, changing a 19.5 if need be. I am also positive I will enjoy the cost difference when the time comes. I have to admit, I like the looks of the 22.5s, but I scratched them off the list of must have's when I bought my unit. So far I'm happy with the 19.5s, just was curious as to weather I was missing a really big difference in ride.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2015, 05:52 AM   #16
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The different size tires give's the MFG the option of lower cost for coach they may want to build and the option of building a coach with larger storage compartments under coach and bigger box.
The MFG would order the chassis as to what he wants to build and you have the option money wise between the two finished coach's

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid rick View Post
Hey LVRVLUVR, I forgot to say, yea, those 22.5s definitely do look manly on that coach, did you keep them for the winni you have now?. Or did they go with the other coach?. I followed your posts about sumo-springs,I definitely plan to put them on my terra,they make the most sense to me, no air, no worries. Most likely do them this summer instead of the sidepipes,flame paint job,seeing my dear wife says if the mh has flames on it, it will be my permanant residence!!!.
She has been putting up with household hot rods since we were both 16, I guess I will cut her a break this time....... maybe just smithy glass-packs will be ok , well at least till our first trip .....opcorn.:
you are so 4 motorhomes ago....lol we now have a 2014 excursion...

first manley thing I did to it was get rid of the 255-70-22.5s and went with the 275-70-22.5s

I kept the 22.5s, still have them... might wanna put them on the new ford with the 6 speed 425 hp..

the problem with the 22.5s for the fr3 is no one makes them and I had them custom made..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mh&boat 001.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	90292   Click image for larger version

Name:	nick, trailer tires 006.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	90293  

Click image for larger version

Name:	nick, trailer tires 007.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	90294  
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
LVRVLUVR;

Did you get rid of the 19.5 rims and tires?

I'm looking for a rim and tire as a spare.
I put them back on and kept the 22.5s
Old 04-02-2015, 05:53 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
hey lvrvluvr, I type so slow, you will probably have a different rig by the time that I finish this post . That excursion was sharp,did it have the bed over the front seats like my terra, nice feature, although we mostly use it for the cat,I lower it about half way down,then lock it, he likes watching all the babes at the beach from there. So its july now, I'm amost done with this post, what mh do you have now?.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #20

Quote:
hey lvrvluvr, I type so slow, you will probably have a different rig by the time that I finish this post . That excursion was sharp,did it have the bed over the front seats like my terra, nice feature, although we mostly use it for the cat,I lower it about half way down,then lock it, he likes watching all the babes at the beach from there. So its july now, I'm amost done with this post, what mh do you have now?.
yep got the drop down... my wife bought the excursion , put it her name,... I sold our havasu house and told her as part of the deal she could get a new motorhome.....probley have it a while...

all the others weren't my fault.... bought a bounder.. blew up on delivery

Old 04-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Grey ghost I, no maybe about it, being able to do almost everything myself is worth its weight in gold, which includes, like you, changing a 19.5 if need be. I am also positive I will enjoy the cost difference when the time comes. I have to admit, I like the looks of the 22.5s, but I scratched them off the list of must have's when I bought my unit. So far I'm happy with the 19.5s, just was curious as to weather I was missing a really big difference in ride.
I am with Rapid Rick on the 19.5 tires and their advantages. I don't like depending on anyone else to rescue me and the smaller tires are easier to change. We must carry a spare because we go way off the beatin track and with that goes an increase in picking up a road hazard, which has happened a couple times. Once drove 30 miles off a remote 2 lane road down a gravel road to a river canyon with no available cell service. Woke up the next morning with a flat tire. Greater wheel cut which in our case is appreciated and used. Better tire rotation options with the steel wheels. Low maintenance keeping the stainless wheel covers looking their best.
After Schwab dropped my mh to the pavement with the wheels off, now when I need new tires I take the wheels off at home load them in my pickup and drive to the tire shop. This also provides an opportunity to due chassis maintenance.
However the vast majority don't use their rvs in this fashion and I understand the preference would be for the better ride, handling, load capacity and looks of the larger wheels. We are shopping for a new rv to replace our 22 year old rig and will have to learn to live with the larger wheels. The new rv will be a class A under 33' max, but the better quality gas rigs we are interested in all come with 22.5 wheels and the wife likes the upscale gas coaches. For me I would be quite happy with the rvs that offer a little less panache but come with the 19.5 wheels.

Kevin

Steady_Rest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires