RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #1

1994 F53 Overdrive switch

Got a Equus (EPI3145) Digital Ford Code Reader for Christmas. While doing the koer test there is a step when you push the Overdrive switch on the end of the gear shifter. All the test passed, when driving I have use the OD switch going up and down hills. You can feel the difference and see rpms on tach(aftermarket). Is there a light or something to show you are no longer in OD?? I have owned this Newmar Mountain Aire for five years, second owner, and I still am learning Thanks to iRV2 forums.

53panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My .01 had a light on the shifting lever right near the OD button. My 06 has a light on the dash.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
The top end of the shift lever has the words OVERDRIVE OFF
On my 1995 Ford F53 the word OFF lights up when it is off.
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
The top end of the shift lever has the words OVERDRIVE OFF
On my 1995 Ford F53 the word OFF lights up when it is off.
Same on my 1999! Jim
Old 01-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Same on my 97.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same as my 1996
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Same on my 94.
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #8

Thanks again for quick answer, mine is on the end of shifter, but the light was out. Replace with a Dorman #49299 $8.00 from local auto parts store. The #49299 is a new push button and cap, I did not see any easy way to replace the light. The light looks built into the push button.
I had a box(stored under bed) with all the papers, service records, info. on furnance,hot water heater,generator,frig. , and I found A FORD F-SUPER DUTY Class A Motorhome Chassis Owner Guide. On page 55 it states if the Overdrive OFF light is flashing it indicates a transmission system malfuncation was detected. Nice to know and nice to have a working light.
53panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #9

can anybody tell me: on my 1994 winnebago vectra, w/ f53 chassis 460 cid

WHERE IS THE REVERSE SWITCH LOCATED IF ITS NOT IN THE CAB? Please,please, pleeeeeze!!! NO BACK UP LIGHTS!!!!!!
Mysticcherok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Reverse Switch (B/U Lights)
Location on my 1995 F53 E40D Tranny

Left side of tranny behind the shift lever. Black connector with 8 terminal slots. The connector has a line-up dimple on the outside edge & the wire terminal above it #8. The next terminal #7 is the hot wire #298 Purple/Orange & the next terminal #6 is the B/U light wire #140 Black/Pink and the two are connected when the ignition key is on and the shift lever is in reverse.

#298 receives power from the dash fuse box #7 fuse 15Amps that also protects the turn signals, Acc. feed #2, Shift Lock Actuator.
The B/U lights fuse is in a black plastic box out under the front hood above the radiator & windshield wiper arms, fuse E 15Amps that also protects the Heated Oxygen Sensor & Blower Motor Relay.
1995 F53 35U Bounder, Wide Body-Large Vertical Windows-NO SLIDES, Front Axle-Davis Tru-Trac Bar, Rear Axle-SuperSteer Trac Bar, TowBar/Brake System-NSA ReadyBrute Elite, Family Motor Coach Association F 513--F 513s
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Location on my 1995 F53 E40D Tranny

Left side of tranny behind the shift lever. Black connector with 8 terminal slots. The connector has a line-up dimple on the outside edge & the wire terminal above it #8. The next terminal #7 is the hot wire #298 Purple/Orange & the next terminal #6 is the B/U light wire #140 Black/Pink and the two are connected when the ignition key is on and the shift lever is in reverse.

#298 receives power from the dash fuse box #7 fuse 15Amps that also protects the turn signals, Acc. feed #2, Shift Lock Actuator.
The B/U lights fuse is in a black plastic box out under the front hood above the radiator & windshield wiper arms, fuse E 15Amps that also protects the Heated Oxygen Sensor & Blower Motor Relay.
THANKS, Just saw this. will do a search later on this evening! AWesome! Sandy-USN
Mysticcherok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Wire #298 receives power from the fuse "E" in the engine compartment fuse box in front of the radiator about half way up the radiator.

There is not any fuse box "under the front hood above the radiator & windshield wiper arms" that has anything to do with any of the Ford chassis power functions.

/

subford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f53