Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2016, 12:09 PM   #1

1995 E350 / Itasca

My new to me, 6 months ago purchased 1995 Itasca on a Ford E350 chassis which has been flawless for 5k miles, came up with a problem last night after stopping for dinner on the way to our campsite.

The headlights won't turn on. All other lights work and if I pull the "flash to pass" the hi-beams will come on. The hi-beams don't come on if I push the handle to the hi-beam position.

I've looked everywhere for the fuse box which is pictured in the manual but the actual location isn't shown.

HELP!

Anyone know where the fuse box is located? How about an electrical drawing of the lamp circuit?

Thanks! -jc
jc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check fuse "S" under the hood, if not that more than likely a bad head lamp switch.

/
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:36 PM   #3

Perfect! I've looked everywhere for a schematic. Now I see how the "flash to pass" can work but not the low and hi beams.

Fuses are good so it must be the switch.

Thank you!
Old 07-31-2016, 02:02 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc2000 View Post
Now I see how the "flash to pass" can work but not the low and hi beams.
Lets start with the low beams.
Power comes from fuse “S” to the Main Light Switch, when it is pulled out all the way to the HEAD position then power goes over the #15 (R/Y) wire to the Multi-Function Switch pin #2 and with it in the normal Lo position the power goes over the #13 (R/BK) wire from pin #3 to the Lo beam side of the headlamp and is grounded with the #57 (BK) wire.

The Hi Beams.
Power comes from fuse “S” to the Main Light Switch, when it is pulled out all the way to the HEAD position then power goes over the #15 (R/Y) wire to the Multi-Function Switch pin #2. With the Multi-Function Switch in the Hi position power leaves the Multi-Function Switch at pin #5 and goes over the #12 (LG/BK) wire to the Hi beam side of the headlamp and is grounded with the #57 (BK) wire. Power also flows to the Instrument Cluster Hi Beam Indicator from splice S129.
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:37 PM   #5

Bill... I guess my response wasn't as clear as it should have been.

Your first post gave me everything I needed. What I was trying to say was having a schematic let me see how the flash to pass was wired and why that worked when the normal hi/low does not.

Again, thanks!

Tags
itasca