Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2015, 03:02 AM   #15

Sitting for a while with E10 gas will cause more problems than with E0.

On checking the injector circuit, it's possible in theory to disconnect the plug from the injector and connect it to a "noid light" which will tell you if voltage is getting to the injector. I have rented a set of "noid lights" from Autozone.

However they may get voltage, but still not have enough current, if the ECMs output drivers are bad. Still, I think your temperature test has identified the biggest problem you have. If you get all the injectors to fire, you'll be much closer to a fix. You may be able to find the point on the engine wiring harness where injectors 2,3,6,7 all connect, and check for a good connection there, and pulsing at cranking speeds.
mpaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2015, 06:38 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis-1997 View Post
How do I check the wiring circuit for the injectors?
The power for the Injectors come to the Injector by way of a Red wire to all Injectors. The source of the power on the Red wire is the PCM Power Relay and should be near battery voltage. The Red wire will have power on it all the time the key is in the run or start position.

The White wire that supplies the ground to fire the bank of Injectors in question grounded by the Computer. The Injectors are fired one bank at time with four Injectors in each bank.
The Tan wire fires the other bank of injectors.

Do not use battery voltage to check a Injector or you will burn its coil open. To test an injector use only a 9 Volt battery and it should click each time the 9 Volt battery is hooked to each Injector.
Or with the engine running you can use a Mechanics Stethoscope and some use a long screw driver and put it up to their ear to listen to the Injector.

As Michael said above you can use a NOID light and plug it into each Injector plug one at a time and it should flash as the engine is cranked.
A NOID light can be rented from most auto part stores.
A test light can also be used to check the White wire but the Injector plug must be plugged into the Injector for the test light to work with the other lead of the test light to ground.

Below are diagrams of the Injector wiring. The top one shows how the harness is wired and the bottom one is a more over all diagram.

/
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #17

Fault Code Progress

Thanks for the wiring diagram and the steps in testing the injectors. I will be checking the fuel pressure Monday hopefully. Along with that, injectors will be next in line. We have one of the grandkids this weekend. She is 8 years old but I think she could be a big help. But I am spending personal time with what she wants to do.

Dennis
Dennis-1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #18

For those following this thread, I thank you very much. I got the problem solved and running good so far. I got a NOID light and checked the signals again. Still showing the white wire circuit was bad. I pulled the PCM and went to a local shop that has a good reputation for fixing about anything. Left it with him and came back 3 days later. The white wire 59 pin capacitor was burned. He replaced that and tested it all again. $10 and I am back on the road again.
Dennis-1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's great. Sure it makes you feel good. Thanks for the update
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, pace arrow