Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad you are on the road again. This is a picture of my road call problem I was describing..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	858559_10151704329467544_184395328_o.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	48745  
mrv8outboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #16

cute little fella. We see from time to time air filter boxes filled with dog food or pine cones. They can fill these boxes pretty quick. We had a mouse in our second house a few years ago. We had a large dog food bowl for our English mastiff. One morning it was empty and didn't think much of it. Then we opened up the sink cabinet and found it all inside. That little guy moved roughly 2LBs of dog food in a single night with trips about 15' each way.
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just recovered from the identical problem. Engine would not respond to accelerator pedal, idle was OK, fault codes P2112 and P2104. Problem occurred pulling into a Sam's Club gas station to top off the fuel tank after a weekend trip. I was able to idle to a corner of a parking lot and waited for a tow to get me home, 5 miles away.

Next day in the drive way pulled the dog house and started checking. With engine running throttle body had no response to pedal but with the engine off but key on the throttle body would respond but was very noise. With the engine off and key off the butter flies were very stiff and difficult to move by hand. This confirmed the P2112 code, stuck throttle, and the P2104, forced idle.

Pulled the throttle body and started taking it apart. Figured had nothing to lose. When I pulled the throttle servo motor cover found one of the motor magnetics had come unglued and was jamming the motor. Re-glued with two part epoxy, clean the assembly and reinstalled. Fault codes cleared and I was back at Sam's for gas. Total cost about $4 for a can of cleaner. GS ERS tow was free.

Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good fix and tip.

Thanks,
Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #19

Throttle body step motor magnets detach from motor case

I had my throttle body quit at 67K miles! Turned out the magnets are glued to the case on the dc stepper motor that controls the butterfly valve through a transmission or gears. The glue failed and both magnets ended up stuck to the armature. This is a single point failure that occurred due to bad design and/or production fault. This failure is probably more common but isn't being investigated. See post #17 for the simple fix of regluing them back on. I'd add a small flat head screw to the center of the magnet and up through the casing.
I filed a complaint with NHTSA since there are already lawsuits out to Ford on the THB for several other models. My engine is a V10 on a class C motor home.
It cost two days on the road and $1600 to fix. I'd like a little of that back.

Before you get towed try and get the throttle body off and take the motor casing off to see if it's the magnets. you might be able to glue them back in place and get back on the road!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20210723_204427607.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	339382   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210723_204442666_HDR.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	339383  

Name:	IMG_20210723_204332845_HDR.jpg