Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
2016 F53 ABS Light on most of the time

First trip on the new coach and the ABS light came on. Went into a rest area and checked for codes with my Scan Gauge II. No codes. When I got back on the road, the ABS light was off for a bit, but after some time came back on. It's still intermittent but is on most of the time. Taking it in to a Ford commercial truck dealer on Monday. No guarantee they'll even be able to look at it. They do not give appointments and they're fleet customers have priority. I don't have a good feel about his.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Are you near Tampa ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Near Jacksonville. I called the Ford RV phone number and they told me the closest place to me that can accommodate a motorhome was Coggin Ford on Atlantic Blvd in Jacksonville. I was hoping it was a known problem that required a software update and it would be a simple fix but the service guy said they'd try to get to it if they could. I told him I didn't want to leave it.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
Community Administrator

I don't blame you on not wanting to leave it. I used Gator Ford in Seffner a few times. They do a good job on MH's .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:32 PM   #5

You should find useful information in this thread.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/p0300...is-278440.html
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:45 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to JIMBO34PA Send a message via Yahoo to JIMBO34PA
abs code c1950

there is a tsb for reprogram of ecm for abs and hydraboost lamps come on . also if your tow haul is inop (not sure what gvw you have ) it should update that too. easy fix just software update . now all you have to do is find a dealer
Old 10-04-2016, 07:14 PM   #7

On our 99 F53, it was the speed censor unit, on top or the rear diff housing that was causing the ABS light to come on. Replaced that censor & ABS light has not came on anymore.
Neil
Old 10-05-2016, 04:37 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If anyone has the TSB number that cures the errant dash warning lights, I'd like to have it and maybe I can talk a local Ford dealer to do it in the parking lot.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:56 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
abs

TSB 16-0042 for abs hydraboost lamps on. it will also fix an intermitant power loss which feels like you are accelerating while touching brake . because this is an ECM reflash it should also fix tow haul inop if you have issue , if dealer has IDS update 101 or later i tryed to respond to your PM dont know if it went thru?
Old 10-05-2016, 06:03 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
JIMBO34PA, thank you for TSB info. I did get the PM. This forum is a great resource and we're lucky to have members with your experience. I'm going to try and get my local Ford dealer to help instead of the commercial Ford dealer that was upfront and told me he can't give me an appointment and his fleet customers have priority and he's backed up work. Garber Ford is two miles from me in Green Cove Springs.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:52 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just got back from talking to the Assistant Service Manager at Garber Ford in Green Cove Springs Florida, which would be a convenient dealer for me to have the PCM flashed. He told me because they are not "Heavy Truck Certified," that their computers do not have the proper software to communicate with the PCM on the F53. I shared with him that many others have stated they got it done at their local Ford dealer but he was firm that it would not work at Garber. Nice guy, I just struck out. I can't get an appointment at the local heavy duty truck Ford dealer (Coggin) but I'll take my chances and give them a shot to get me done.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:07 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
IDS is IDS

Ford heavy truck F650 and up, light truck F550 and down,and cars all use the same Intelligent Diagnostic Systems . like i said before, say motorhome and they start singing "CAN"T TOUCH THIS", and i used to sing the same song ! All it takes is a tech bringing it around the building damage coach, cars not worth it .
Old 10-14-2016, 05:49 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I found another Ford dealer that was much more accommodating. Bozard Ford in Saint Augustine, FL, which is right next to the Camping World. I took it in yesterday and gave them a copy of TSB 160042. Their diagnostic software threw a different code than the C149D described in the TSB. They said I have a bad ABS sensor in the driver’s side rear wheel. They ordered the part and I’ll go back when it comes in. Got my fingers crossed this will fix it. I had an appointment and was in and out in less than an hour. I felt like they appreciated my business instead of being a burden. Once my MH is fixed I’ll do a review of Bozard Ford on RV Service Review.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridakamper View Post
I found another Ford dealer that was much more accommodating. Bozard Ford in Saint Augustine, FL, which is right next to the Camping World. I took it in yesterday and gave them a copy of TSB 160042. Their diagnostic software threw a different code than the C149D described in the TSB. They said I have a bad ABS sensor in the driver’s side rear wheel. They ordered the part and I’ll go back when it comes in. Got my fingers crossed this will fix it. I had an appointment and was in and out in less than an hour. I felt like they appreciated my business instead of being a burden. Once my MH is fixed I’ll do a review of Bozard Ford on RV Service Review.

I just read you posts today if I had seen it sooner this is the dealer I would have recommended to you. This is same dealer I have used on 2 different service calls for one my Trans Flush and the other for a Break Flush. Really good dealer and they seem to care and do a good job.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, f53, light