Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2010, 06:27 AM   #1

air valve extensions for Ford 19.5 wheels

I just got a new TPMS system from Hopkins via the Camping World sale. I need to install the sensors in such a way I can still add air when needed.

I have fiddeled with the rear tire air extensions in various configurations and currently have the airless hose extensions installed. Not all that happy with them as every time I got to fill the tires they require 'adjustment' to work and yet not leak. Very touchy on the length of the inner release rod.

Anyway, what are other F-53 owners with the 19.5 x 6.75 steel wheels using for extensions that actually work well? I never had this much trouble with the simple hose extensions on the 19.5 wheels on my previous 1990 P-30 chassis, but they were much skinnier.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Get rid of the "airless" ... they cost me new tire. I bought two different types before I went to Dicor. Yes the people that do roofs and wheel covers.... they make a good set that fit and the way they mount the hose is really good.. no drilling into the cover. AND, very important... easy to romove the wheel cover incase you need to change a tire.

ps... I have 19.5 x 6.75 rims also
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I use "Dually Valve Stems". See their ad in the back of FMCA magazine. Solved my problem. No extensions required...No leaks!
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #4

If you have a TPMS system that uses the sensors on the valve stem all manufactueres I am aware of recommend replacing the valve stems with ones that do not use extensions. They claim the added weight of the sensor causes the extensions to flex to the point they will eventually fail.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought dually type valve stems from here

Tire Man

He doesn't list for the 19" wheels, but he has them. Call him and talk to him, he will ask some questions and send you the right stems.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check out this site HALTEC ONLINE click on download entire catalog. The choice of valves and such is huge and you may find the perfect set up for your needs.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Long View Post
Get rid of the "airless" ... they cost me new tire. I bought two different types before I went to Dicor. Yes the people that do roofs and wheel covers.... they make a good set that fit and the way they mount the hose is really good.. no drilling into the cover. AND, very important... easy to romove the wheel cover incase you need to change a tire.

ps... I have 19.5 x 6.75 rims also

Thanks for the advise. Would never have known Dicor even made extensions specific to fit thier wheel covers. Neither did PPL until I gave them the part number and we ordered them. They fit perfectly, work very well, do not rub on anything and do not require riviting any 'one size fits all' brackats tot he wheel cover. They also support my new tpms sensors perfectly. Great recomendation!