Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
KJB

Another Ride Question

I have looked into the Kelderman air ride. I talked to the company today and obviously they said it makes a big difference in the F53 ride. Does anybody know for sure? I would love to talk to a real owner who has this package. It would run as much as $5,000 installed and while that is a lot of money, I would go for it if it truly made a significant difference.

Also, still anxious to hear Kathy_MD's assessment of the Koni shocks.
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm thinking about putting the Kelderman kit on the front this winter.
Makes sence if you add an airbag to an already stiff susspension, all your doing is making it stiffer. Kelderman replaces the springs with weaker ones, so the airbags should actually work.
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #3

Last month I had a set of Firestone Ride-Rite air bags installed on our 2000 coach with the f53 chassis. I'm running 65psi in rear and 30psi in front. I already had the Koni FSD shocks on the front suspension.

We're presently on the road and the air bags coupled with the FSD shocks have significantly softened the ride on rough roads to where it's more of a pleasure to drive. I really didn't think the air bags would help that much, but surprisingly they did.

However I believe the Kelderman system would provide a much better ride over the type of air bag system I'm using.

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've done the same thing as LVJ58. Ride-rites and Kony FSD's. Haven't been on a long enough trip to fully test air pressures but will say it helped some with 50 PSI.

I too have thought of the Kelderman system, but have also looked at the Mor-ride system which is a lot less money.

I will start testing air pressure on a trip to Florida soon.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:53 AM   #5
KJB

I did hear from a guy who had Kelderman installed on his 2006 Winnebago. He said the improvement in the front was like night and day. That is encouraging to hear.
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote