Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
NXR

Anybody using Rain-X windshield washer fluid?

I use it in all my cars with no ill effects. I'm presuming that a system design as old as the F53 won't have any problems either.

Rather than having to apply Rain-X manually to the windshield the washer puts some there and the wiper spreads it around. It takes a while before it has a noticeable effect, unlike the manually applied stuff.

I'm asking because I've seen posts that some cars with "Your washer fluid is low" systems will no longer work properly because the Rain-X apparently coats the conductive electrical pins they use. Fortunately we have no such high-tech on F53's yet.

I'm planning on running the washer until the OEM blue stuff is used up and then just filling it with Rain-X. I'll probably flush some regular water through in between just because.

Thanks,

Ray
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I use Rainex wsw fluid religiously. I've never seen a low reservoir as mine holds more than a gallon. If it gets half way down, I refill it. It goes for years.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:46 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I use it in conjunction with treating the glass with rainx. My only complaint is the orange streaks it leaves all over the paint. Seems to work good though, although clean up is annoying.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #4

I stopped using RainX washer fluid when I stopped treating my windows with RainX. I found a better product in RejeX.

I use it on glass, plastic, chrome, paint... anything that is not textured.
KiteSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:01 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteSquid View Post
I stopped using RainX washer fluid when I stopped treating my windows with RainX. I found a better product in RejeX.

I use it on glass, plastic, chrome, paint... anything that is not textured.
+1.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:06 PM   #6
NXR

Thanks, folks. I decided to run it out of blue fluid and use the orange Rain-X. The orange isn't as noticeable on my tan paint as the blue was.

Ray
Old 11-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #7

I'm not sure what Rain-X temp tolerances are...but we make sure that whatever we put in the windshield reservoir—for the MH and toad—it can with stand up to 0º temps, JIC we get caught in unexpected freezing cold temps while traveling. We don't want to have frozen system issues. However, we do wipe and put a clean film of Rain-X on the windshield—by hand—about once a month.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joree View Post
However, we do wipe and put a clean film of Rain-X on the windshield—by hand—about once a month.
If you switch to RejeX you would only have to apply it twice a year....
Old 11-26-2019, 06:45 AM   #9

Quote:

I looked at the Rejex website and they don't have a product they bill as for water repel off of windshield. Which Rejex product do you use?
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:07 AM   #10

Quote:
And in addition to KiteSquid's question above, what happens when you wash your windshield? That thin layer of RejeX is going to wash off right?

I mean we FT and right now I apply Rain-X on the windshield and on the front of the coach and back of mirrors. Bugs and road dirt come right off when we land somewhere and I clean it all off with light soap and water. Sometimes just a wet cloth. But we still have to reapply Rain-X every few weeks because of that.

The same thing would happen with RejeX wouldn't it with frequent washings and cleanings?
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I looked at the Rejex website and they don't have a product they bill as for water repel off of windshield. Which Rejex product do you use?
We just use the same product we use on the rest of the motorhome. We use it on all the windows, not just the windshield. It lasts longer than rainex and is as easy if not easier to apply.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelesley View Post
We just use the same product we use on the rest of the motorhome. We use it on all the windows, not just the windshield. It lasts longer than rainex and is as easy if not easier to apply.

Which product is that?
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Which product is that?
Rejex Synthetic Vehicle Wax Polymer Coating 16 Ounce. Got a two pack on Amazon. We now use it on all our vehicles.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #14

Quote:
RejeX is the product name. It comes in a 16 oz bottle.

The only problem with it is if you apply it over another product. It can only stick to what you apply it to.

I "super clean" my automotive glass before applying RejeX. It lasts up to a year but I usually apply it every six months.

RejeX is used by the military on plastic helicopter canopies to protect against scratching....

Tags
fluid, wind, windshield