Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Anyone know the link to the Ford oil change dealers

I been looking for the link that shows which ford dealers will do oil changes on a motorhome and the one in this forum isn't really helpfull
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2018, 01:19 PM   #2

Is there a link for those dealers? I haven't seen or heard of one.
I know the Ford dealer in my area works on MH's, Chehalis Wa.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:16 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
https://fordcommercialvehiclecenter.com

On my phone there is a button for advanced filters where I can select Class A or Class C motorhome.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My local dealer, even though it is not listed will do an oil change at a quick lane, tech rolls underneath, drains oil,remove and replace filter, top off fluids, replace oil, for 48 bucks. They do a lot of mh and ambulances.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #5

Jones Ford in Cottonwood AZ does oil changes but nothing else on MHs. I think they quoted $60.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarata View Post
I been looking for the link that shows which ford dealers will do oil changes on a motorhome and the one in this forum isn't really helpfull

None of my local Ford dealers will service RVs even though they are listed on the Ford Commercial website. I think the dealers got tired of cleaning carpets and paying for damages to RVs that happened while in their care.

My local Freightliner shop, Detroit Diesel shop, and Cummins shop all work on RV chassis issues, but not a Ford shop to be found unless I drive 120 miles. That's why my next RV will not be on a Ford chassis.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
None of my local Ford dealers will service RVs even though they are listed on the Ford Commercial website. I think the dealers got tired of cleaning carpets and paying for damages to RVs that happened while in their care.

My local Freightliner shop, Detroit Diesel shop, and Cummins shop all work on RV chassis issues, but not a Ford shop to be found unless I drive 120 miles. That's why my next RV will not be on a Ford chassis.
You're not in the Chicago area, by any chance? Because that's pretty much the same issue I'm having here.
The one place I could find that worked on motorhomes now will only work on trucks. Everything else is miles away.
The first on the list, Packey Webb Ford, built a new state of the art dealership and facility, sells box trucks on the E450 chassis, doesn't work on them and won't touch our motorhome. The service writer was as blunt as could be when I asked him.
How can they build a dealership, sell trucks and not work on them or motorhomes?
All I want is a transmission filter and fluid change!
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
You're not in the Chicago area, by any chance? Because that's pretty much the same issue I'm having here.

Buss Ford in McHenry works on them.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #9

"None of my local Ford dealers will service RVs even though they are listed on the Ford Commercial website. I think the dealers got tired of cleaning carpets and paying for damages to RVs that happened while in their care."

I'm thinking this is one of the top reasons many Ford dealerships choose not to do any motorhome service. Too much hassle from the RV owner.

I feel extremely lucky that I have a local Ford dealer satellite location just a few miles from my home that will happily change my oil/filter. At a very fair price. They do it outside, in the lot, and crawl under.
They do excellent work, and are extremely careful. It is always returned to me in exactly the same clean condition I left it. I could not be happier.
I make it a point to send the service manager a "thank you for a job well done" email....each time.

I think this is definitely an advantage of a Class C, on the E350/E450 chassis. They don't have to go 'inside' the coach, or walk through the motorhome....risking dirt/grease on the carpet/flooring. Just a quick in and out of the driver's door and driver's seat, which can be easily covered.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use Gator Ford outside Tampa. They do all sorts of service for motorhomes. They have plastic covers for seats and steering wheel. What's more, is they do full chassis lube with oil change.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, dealer