Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Blue Ox Tigertrak rear track bar install problem, 22K chassis

I am about to install a Blue Ox rear track bar on my 2011 F53 22K chassis. Per Blue Ox, the bar I needed was the TT2602. I am finding that there are two rubber brake lines directly where the bracket attaches to the differential. If I move them to the side they will be rubbing quite a bit on the plate. They already have a plastic wire loom cover over them but I am not sure that will be enough to protect them. I also can't relocate them anywhere without altering the metal lines they are attached to and I don't want to get into that.

I'm wondering if anyone has installed this on a similar chassis and dealt with these issues. I called Blue Ox and they didn't really offer me any solution. I have thought of cutting out a section of the metal bracket but I'm not sure I can remove enough without weakening it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #2

Contact Blue Ox about the problem. They may have the answers. If not, you may have to adapt the bar for your application. Good luck.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:13 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I had exactly the same problem when I installed a trac bar on our 22000 chassis. I did several things. 1. Put the black plastic shields on the brake lines. 2. Split a rubber hose and glued it over the edge of the trac bar plate so any rubbing would be plastic on rubber. 3. Took large heavy duty zip ties and gently pulled the brake hoses back just a bit away from the trac bar plate.

I did this with the wheels off the ground to make sure there was enough slack to not put any strain on the hoses with the zip ties. It is possible I suppose that the shields over the hoses may from time to time touch the rubber hose I put over the trac bar plate, but so far in over 25000 miles I have seen no evidence of that happening.

I do look at them each oil change and also when I do my annual check of the sway bar bolts and check all trac bar bolts.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #4

I just bent up the metal bracket that held the brake lines upward. The short metal brake lines bent upward fine. I have about 2" clearance now.

Another issue I had was the large rod hitting the trac bar mount on the differential. IIRC, I had to buy a longer bolt and add about 1" of washers to move the bar out away from the mount so when it traveled down (or the axle up), it would clear the mount.

Bad design from BlueOx.

Tags
blue ox, chassis, install, problem