Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Blue Plastic Vacuum Line

I have a small rigid plastic vacuum line hanging down from what looks like a vacuum control on the bottom of the heater/AC box. Can anyone tell me where the other end connects? I have to replace it as the line is melted in a couple of places where it must have come in contact with something hot. This is on a '99 F53 V10 chassis on a Winnebago Chieftain.
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Can you get a picture? Is this in the engine compartment? You can repair the mini-tube.
Vacuum Hose Repair —Mini-Tube

1. Measure the length of the damaged area of the mini-tube vacuum hose.
  1. Cut a piece of standard 1/8 inch inner diameter vacuum hose approximately 25 mm (1 inch) longer than the damaged area of the mini-tube vacuum hose.
  1. Cut off the mini-tube vacuum hose on each side of the damaged area.
  2. WARNING: Read the warning information on the product label to prevent possible personal injury.
    Dip the mini-tube hose ends in commercially available paint thinner containing Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK). This solvent will seal the mini-tube in the vacuum hose.
  3. Insert the ends of the mini-tube vacuum hose approximately 9 mm (3/8 inch) into the ends of the standard 1/8 inch service vacuum hose section.
  4. Shake the service joint after assembly to ensure the solvent is dispersed and the vacuum line is not plugged.
  5. Test the system for a vacuum leak in the repair area.
  6. Use the Vacuum Pump or equivalent.
Attached Images

mrv8outboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
The places to look for it being unplugged from would be the engine (supply) and the reservoir or controls.
mrv8outboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Here is a picture of what I am talking about. This picture is looking up from the ground between the front cap and rad support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3190.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	24503  
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
That blue vacuum hose runs from the Recirculating vacuum motor on the bottom of the AC heater box to the panel vacuum receptacle plug that plugs into the AC Heater control panel on the dash.

Note this vacuum line may or may not "T" with another blue vacuum line. This other blue vacuum line is used to control the water control valve only if your water control valve is not cable operated.
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
My line runs from the heater up and to the right above the radiator. Then it goes throught the firewall with several wires and such. Just take the doghouse off, then you should see the other end.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
It is the vacuum motor line that selects outside air or recirculate air for the heater and AC. It goes inside the coach and connects to the heater control. The inside hose should be good and you can run just the outside and splice them together.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #8

Did you get this resolved?

I've got the SAME dilemna!!
My blue vacuum line comes into the front hood area following some wiring/wire looms. Then, as it heads to the passenger side near my air condition low pressure line... it's melted away. I can't find the other end, or where it would connect.

Need to know WHERE it would connect. Anyone with a picture??
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #9

Mine was the same way. I cut it off and slipped a piece of vaccum rubber hose over it and then reconnected the hose to the valve at the bottom of the A/C box under the hood. The other end of the blue line hooks up to the heater/ac controls on the dash.
rlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #10

I found the location shortly after I had posted this.
... saw a small rubber elbow and 1" long blue line sticking from the "thing" out of the box. $2.80 in rubber line, and it was repaired. Now my MAX AC is again working. Love it!

Thanks to this, and another post... (because of pictures) I was able to resolve!
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote