Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #1

Centramatics, which model for F53?

Does anyone know the correct model or part number for Centramatic balancers for a 2006 (05/2005 build date) F-53 chassis? That would be the 19.5" wheels with 10 bolt holes. It is the 18K lbs. GVWR.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Does anyone know the correct model or part number for Centramatic balancers for a 2006 (05/2005 build date) F-53 chassis? That would be the 19.5" wheels with 10 bolt holes. It is the 18K lbs. GVWR.
I would go to Centramatics in Alvarado to have them installed there. I did that and the units called for on their site didn't fit the front wheels. They found a set that fit. They are super helpful and don t charge cor the installation.
04georgieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Their website is not the easiest to find stuff on. Shoot them a message. You will have a reply promptly.

Long story short but when I put mine on it never solved my problem. I sent them a message and the next morning Jerry (?) called me. I was shocked. He spent 45 minutes with me on the phone starting with when the wheel was invented to modern tire technology. Plus he told me if I didn't like them send them back for refund. Just one great man to talk to.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:24 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Balancing beads on the motorhome. IMHO.

I've used Centramatics on the jeep. There a air-down tire can slip on the rim or lose the bead or get chunked.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:10 AM   #5

I sent them an e-mail yesterday. I hope to hear back from them soon. Alvarado is not far at all, and if there is no charge for installation I may just go there to have them put on. I will most likely ick them up to avoid shipping charges any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Their website is not the easiest to find stuff on. Shoot them a message. You will have a reply promptly.

Long story short but when I put mine on it never solved my problem. I sent them a message and the next morning Jerry (?) called me. I was shocked. He spent 45 minutes with me on the phone starting with when the wheel was invented to modern tire technology. Plus he told me if I didn't like them send them back for refund. Just one great man to talk to.
I have Equal balance beads in all of the tires except right front. We are having an issue with very slight wheel hop between 45 and 50 mph. They emptied the beads and spun it. It is better, but not 100%. The cost is low enough (about $100 per front wheel) so I thought I'd give the Centramatics a shot. My brother who is an O/O swears by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Balancing beads on the motorhome. IMHO.

I've used Centramatics on the jeep. There a air-down tire can slip on the rim or lose the bead or get chunked.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:15 AM   #6

Just call 'em. They'll gladly discuss their product and it's performance with you.
I also had them install them on our 2017 Discovery at no charge. I didn't notice any issues with the tires but there was still a noticeable change for the better when I drove off the lot.
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have used centramatics on three different motor homes with great results. My current motorhome has been using them for 11 years and no problems. In fifteen years as service manager, I never had a customer with a problem. There was another company that used a ring that snapped onto the rim of the tire, and they had a problem with the rings coming loose. I would highly recommend centramatics for wheel balancing.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
I use #400423 (rear) and 400422 (front)

but double check your application with Centramatic
Old 04-26-2018, 06:23 AM   #9
RV LIFE Support Team

I don't think you can install yourself. If I recall correctly the front tires had 450 lbs of torque on the bolts.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:26 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
According to DryCreeks public profile he has a 30' WBGO 29r which has 19.5" tires with a torque of 150 ft lbs.

They are easy tires to R&R but if they are close and install for free that's even better.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:55 PM   #11

That is correct. I have pulled them myself several times. I have a 20 ton jack and an electric impact wrench (generator) for on the road and air when at home.

Do they offer free installation? They are only about 50 miles. If I have to drive there to pick them up, I might as well drive the MoHo.

The hardest part about tire replacement is if you (I) have to drag out the spare. While I sincerely appreciate Winnebago's designers including a purpose-built spot for spare tire storage, why did they have to make it shoulder-high? You kinda' have to do a powerlifter squat to get it back up in the spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
According to DryCreeks public profile he has a 30' WBGO 29r which has 19.5" tires with a torque of 150 ft lbs.

They are easy tires to R&R but if they are close and install for free that's even better.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
I use #400423 (rear) and 400422 (front)

but double check your application with Centramatic
They finally answered my e-mail, and I believe those were the numbers they recommended. I'll check when I get home. They didn't quote a price though.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
We decided to not carry a spare tire. I can not lift probably even a 19.5" tire into that small shoulder high spot. I made that into an extra storage area for tools, supplies and safety stands.

If we have a flat I'll load the tire into the TOAD and go and get it fixed or replaced. If we have a rear flat I'll take the tire off and slowly drive it to a repair facility. Some won't agree with me and that's just fine. If we have a front tire flat I'll take a rear tire off and do the same.

Got a 12-Ton jack and electric impact. Sure hope I don't have to use it.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #14
RV LIFE Support Team

If you have Coachnet or some other service, in addition to towing, they will do tires also.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f53