RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #757

Cheap Handling Fix

Just completed the change on my Fiesta, piece of cake no problems at all and after a short drive very satisfied with results. Now if John could just come up with an easy way to improve the gas mileage it would be great. Thanks for the information.

kentmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #758

I'm just about to apply for a patent for my secret fuel saving product, but for you, a sneak preview. Shhhh....

$19.95. Order now and I'll include free shipping and the mate. CALL NOW!

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I'm just about to apply for a patent for my secret fuel saving product, but for you, a sneak preview. Shhhh....

This is kinda like years ago, some bike racers were fussing about the strap you got to hook on the helmet & didnt want to mess with hooking & unhooking it every time, guy came up with a good idea to do away with the strap.
Big ol sheet metal screw right down through the top, walla, no more strap.
Neil
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #760

Quote:

I just happened to be there when a Coachmen Delivery driver team (husband and wife) delivered two Coachmen coaches to my Dealer; one was like mine.

I whined about only getting 5 1/2 miles a gallon on the road. He said I could get 8 to 10 out of my coach and did I want to know how? Sure! I said. "Keep it at 55 and your mileage will be much better", he said. I tried it and didn't get 10 but I got 8+ a big improvement I thought.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #761

Well I got my recall out of the way yesterday. They replaced the transmission indicator cable and arm. Took them all of 60 minutes. I also had them torque down the front and rear anti-sway bar links and the bushing attaching them to the axels. I was not confident I had them properly tightened up lying on my back with short openend wrenches when I made the change.

Sure enough 3-4 needed more, the rest were okay.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #762

I'm still trying to find someone who has a 2006 and did this mod. Anyone? Mine sure looked like it would not work.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
I'm still trying to find someone who has a 2006 and did this mod. Anyone? Mine sure looked like it would not work.
I will be doing this mod on a 2006 Fourwinds Windsport as soon as my hellwig links get here. I'll update you then.
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #764

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabitatGuy View Post
I will be doing this mod on a 2006 Fourwinds Windsport as soon as my hellwig links get here. I'll update you then.
Thanks, that's the unit I have too. Why the new links?
Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #765

Quote:
Thanks, that's the unit I have too. Why the new links?
Ours is the 36Z(37'). I decided that I wanted to keep the sway bar as much in the current horizontal state as possible which would require 1 1/2" longer links on the front. The good part is my stock front links are that much longer than the rear ones so I will transfer them to the rear and maintain the horizontal state of the rear sway bar also. Btw, ours is the 22000 lb chassis if that makes any difference. Hopefully have this done by the end of next week.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabitatGuy View Post
Ours is the 36Z(37'). I decided that I wanted to keep the sway bar as much in the current horizontal state as possible which would require 1 1/2" longer links on the front. The good part is my stock front links are that much longer than the rear ones so I will transfer them to the rear and maintain the horizontal state of the rear sway bar also. Btw, ours is the 22000 lb chassis if that makes any difference. Hopefully have this done by the end of next week.
Mine is a 35W (wheelchair unit) 37', 22K. What you mention is exactly why I didn't do the mod, links too short. Which links do I need to order? Thanks for the infor re: moving the fronts to rear. Any other tips?
Old 07-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #767

Monaco Owners Club
I don't know why it wouldn't, has worked on '98s to 2012s.... so, very doubtful it wouldn't on a single year. It only takes 15 min and 2 standard wrenches anyway to find out.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #768

Quote:
Mine is a 35W (wheelchair unit) 37', 22K. What you mention is exactly why I didn't do the mod, links too short. Which links do I need to order? Thanks for the infor re: moving the fronts to rear. Any other tips?
I ordered the p/n 7962 (11-14"). The best price I could find was at www.sdtrucksprings.com . A lot of this link length info was in earlier posts to this thread from others who have gone before us.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #769

Thanks. I'll do the mod now.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #770

Quote:

Dunner should have said "sneaker" preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
I just happened to be there when a Coachmen Delivery driver team (husband and wife) delivered two Coachmen coaches to my Dealer; one was like mine.

I whined about only getting 5 1/2 miles a gallon on the road. He said I could get 8 to 10 out of my coach and did I want to know how? Sure! I said. "Keep it at 55 and your mileage will be much better", he said. I tried it and didn't get 10 but I got 8+ a big improvement I thought.
That's great. Just don't drive the roads I drive, poky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Well I got my recall out of the way yesterday. They replaced the transmission indicator cable and arm. Took them all of 60 minutes. I also had them torque down the front and rear anti-sway bar links and the bushing attaching them to the axels. I was not confident I had them properly tightened up lying on my back with short openend wrenches when I made the change.

Sure enough 3-4 needed more, the rest were okay.

Roll
As i have posted, when you think you have it tight, put a torque wrench in it and see how much more it needs to be tightened.

Did they say anything about you doing the mod? Negative or a good idea?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote