Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I finally got the fault codes that set off my 'Check Engine' light.
They were:
P1000 OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete

P1131 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1.

P1132 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No.

The previous owner had the Banks Powerpack Exhaust and Transcommand installed.

Can anyone tell me where this sensor is?

Maybe it's unpluged, not installed/removed or the Computer needs some settings changed for the Banks exhaust and air filter mods.

Any Ideas on this will be greatly appreciated.

Also what is the severity of this problem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I finally got the fault codes that set off my 'Check Engine' light.
They were:
P1000 OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete

P1131 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1.

P1132 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No.

The previous owner had the Banks Powerpack Exhaust and Transcommand installed.

Can anyone tell me where this sensor is?

Maybe it's unpluged, not installed/removed or the Computer needs some settings changed for the Banks exhaust and air filter mods.

Any Ideas on this will be greatly appreciated.

Also what is the severity of this problem.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I just got off the phone with Banks and they felt that the most likely cause is the cable extension (supplied by banks as part of the Powerpack kit) that goes between the factory wireing and the sensor, or the sensor it self which is located just before the Y pipe. Banks also belives that Bank 1 refers to the passenger side.

I'm in Yuma and will go check this out after the exhaust has a chance to cool and the outside temp drops to something less then 100. May not be untill the end of september or maybe tomorrow morning before sunrise.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

We've had similar problems with the single o2 sensor configurations (if that is what you have), it seems that the location that Banks provides is not able to read the exhaust equally from each bank so we have relocated it just behind where the 2 pipes become one (right by the transmission cross support) Hope this helps!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Mike, this one has 2 upstream sensors each about the same distance from the engine and before the y pipe. Later on past the catalytic convertor there is the single downstream sensor.

When I get the chance to get underneath and look it over, I'll be back with some details.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #6

Bank 1 is indeed the passenger side. If it was unplgged it should set circuit open/shorted type codes. It could be a bad sensor, you could check for physical damage. Also check for good connectoins, water in the connectors could make it pass the circuit checks but not work correctly. You could swap the sensors side to side and see if the codes swap to the other bank. It'd help verify the sensor is bad before you buy a new one.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:14 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I tried to remove the sensors and switch them between the banks to see if the problem moved with the sensors but I couldn't get the thing loose. I instead traced the cable to where it joined the main harness. I then opened and inspected every connetor between the sensor and the harness. When I reconnected everything I repeated the disconnect/connect cycle several times in an attempt to clean the contacts.

When I had the codes read I had the codes cleared so I figured that the codes should reappear before I turn the whole thing over to a shop. So I went for a drive.

I drove 64 miles (mostly freeway) and got home without the 'check engine' light comming on.

Either messing with the cables fixed it or the program never got around to performing the O2 readings or it's an intermittant problem sent here by the RV god(s) to torment me. Regardless I'm heading out for a 5000 mile roadtrip in a week or so and I'll just have to deal with it then if it reappears.

Thanks to all of you who offered the help. If you need any info on computers, home theater HDTV let me know. This is not a commercial advertisement.