RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #1

CHF Using Tejay adjustable plates.

Tejay,Tejay. I just completed putting on my adjustable plates. Waiting for my Polyurethane bushing lube for my end links bushing and I will be completed with my CHF. Do you see anything wrong with the installation?

1st picture of Driver side

2nd Picture of passenger side. the P facing to front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0890.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	266577   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0892.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	266578  

gaffanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
NXR

Maybe I'm confused but I thought the lube was only for when you replaced the bushing holding the sway bar to the frame, not the links?

Be certain to put the bushing bolt head closest to the springs as you did for the other two if that is what gives you the maximum clearance.

Ray

Old 11-12-2019, 11:22 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
George,

Looks good to me. The small hole (stock) in in the front and the plates are on the inside. I'm assuming you torqued all bolts to 66 FT/LBS and added blue lock tight.

NXR is correct. The poly lube is used on the inside of the bushing so they can slip on the SB. That's rubber against metal. You can add some lube inside the bushing sleeve or bolt shank. When any turning occurs it will be the bolt inside the metal sleeve of the link bushing. It won't hurt have poly lube on the inside of the sleeve but regular grease works as well since it's metal on metal.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:07 PM   #4

TeJay, I have a couple of questions for you. I have just received new rear bushings from Skuterdude for my '04 F-53. I would really like to make this a one shot deal if possible. I still have the front SB links from when I switched to Helwig units. (1) Do I need your plates if I use these links? (2) How do I contact you to order the plates (3) With your plates do I just use the stock rear links? I have tried to follow this and the other thread, but I am starting to go around and around. LOL Almost forgot (4) Best time to contact your if not through this forum. Thanks.
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:45 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send me a PM and I'll get back to you.