Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #1

Cruise Ford F53 V10..

The cruise sometimes works on a journey. It may work some of the time then stop then try it again later and it will work. Have taken the Brake pedal switch off and checked it, seems to be fine.
Is there a way to check out the system to the cruise control box when static with a meter to see if its a wire / switch / steering wheel control or control box fault.
Also can a On/light be fitted in the system on dash cluster to show the Cruise is on / off.

Destination Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #2

My cruise issues, and fixes

And a thread where I made my indicator light work

Speed Control self test on a Ford truck with an indicator light.
(No idea if the self test is in the F53 module or not, but since the light is there (but not wired) it might be there.)

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
My cruise issues, and fixes

And a thread where I made my indicator light work

Speed Control self test on a Ford truck with an indicator light.
(No idea if the self test is in the F53 module or not, but since the light is there (but not wired) it might be there.)
Thanks
Tried the self test and nothing on dash cluster lit up. Will check the plug into the control unit.
For the light, did you just connect from control unit to dash light, which connection did you take the feed from.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #4

Right, the light will not light. I followed what this guy did on his Ford Ranger to make mine light up.

I'll try the self test on mine tomorrow. Mine has been working great, so I haven't tried it.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:46 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
The speed control lamp is not hooked up in the 1999 F53.
However someone posted that you could use pin #1 of the speed control module connecter to light a lamp to say if it was on or not.
Pin #1 is not used in the wiring of the 1999 F53.
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #6

Tried a self test on mine (with the light hooked up). Its there. Checks out OK of course.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Tim,
What year is your F53?
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #8

2004, sorry didn't mention that here. I assume all '99 - '04 are the same. I forget the part number on mine. Did say PHN131 (code for Ford Super Duty) but can't remember more.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:56 AM   #9

Update

Still on the road so have not had a chance to take a feed so cruise light will come on.

Also the cruise has worked as it should with no problems, since we took the pedal switch off and cleaned it.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #10

Cruise "intermittant"

Hi

Check the "On Off" switch, (fiddling job involving the removal of the Switch etc from the steering wheel) Mine had a broken wire. 10 min with a (Borrowed) solder iron (on a campground) fixed it. (New it`s $190-00 from Ford!).

BTW. I assume you are IN UK?. IF you need SMALL part Bringing back, P-M Me. I may be able to save you some postage. I`m here till October. P

Pete
PeteH1944 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f53, ford, v10