RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Difference?? Power Platform II & Power Platform

Happy New Years Eve,
According to FW brochures it looks like a change was made in '04 from the Power Platform II to the Power Platform. What is the difference between them? I specially like the center tank placements that are ballyhooed in the later versions, and have not been able to ascertain if the pre '04 are also with the centered and heated tanks.
We like features in the Flair 33R prior to '04, (the rear window) but can not figure out if the chassis made a big change/improvement with the '04 model year.
It is obvious the wife and I are heavy new years eve revelers. Eight o'clock and she is asleep in the Lazy Boy and I am trying to bolster our decision to move to a larger motorhome.
btw, when this new to us unit is purchased, we are going to have to part with one mighty sweet '94 Flair 25Y. Best floor plan in a 25 footer, just will not carry enough weight for our needs.

hardball28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #2

"Power Platform" Is Fleetwood marketing fluff, not Ford marketing fluff, so it's a little tough to say. The 2004 Ford F53 had a couple small changes that added 48 to 229 pounds. 22.5" wheels added 104 when selected, and a front track bar added 71. The basic chassis only got about 50 pounds heavier.

The details are here on page #25:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...atsnew2004.pdf

I think I'd be more suspect of a published curb weight. Not many manufacturers even try to publish that. The change could simply be an accounting type deal, they just changed what exact model and options they called "curb weight" in a brochure. There is weight label in every coach built, I'd be going by that for the exact coach you're looking at (it'll have "CCC" data - the standard for that timeframe - search "RVIA CCC" for more info, don't confuse it with the older NCC or newer OCCC) and decide if it meets your needs.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power