Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #1

F-53 Chassic

I have a 2017 35K Bounder, When starting to do a lube job I found the grease seal on the pitman arm torn. Its in the Ford service now. I also found that the brake caliber has a grease fitting. How much grease do you put in that.? How do you know what is enough? I have been owners of diesels. You might want to check your lube fittings, I only have 9000miles.I am also looking for a lube chart for the ford chassis or a used chassis manual. Any ideas where is the best place besides E-bay or Amazon, The Ford dealer does not sell them. Help.
Dog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #2

The Grease fitting on the brake caliper may be a bleader valve for brake fluid and not a grease fitting.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #3

Not for greasing, it is a bleeder. Grease has no place around brakes.
Crazeee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
There are several pictures posted of the chassis lub chart on these forums. Just do a google search at the top of the forum page.

Most Ford garages will have CD's given to the service mangers by Ford. Most of the technicians use the online service available to them so those CD's just set around until they are thrown away. They CD's are updated often so the old ones are almost never used. Just go in and ask. You will have to change the dte of your computer to fool the CD but that's not a problem. If you find a 2011 CD just change the PC date to 2010 and read the disc. Then change it back. Been doing that for years.