RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2019, 04:47 PM   #15

Spoke with Liquid Spring (LS) people last year and they were talking $6,500ish after the purchase at their factory. They (LS) have been around for a long time (ambulances and fire trucks) and are about 2 hours south of the Newmar factory in Indiana. The theory is awesome, their videos well made and I have been a fan https://liquidspring.com/videos/

At that time they were hoping to get into Newmar for their system. Seems like Tiffin said yes first. I believe they had already worked out the warranty issue with Ford back then. I figured I would wait to get the coach (upgraded 26,000 chassis) and see how it drives first after reading all the issues on here about the F-53 chassis and various "fixes".

Recently, earlier this year, I just test drove my exact model (Bay Star 3401) at the closest dealer who had one in NJ. It seemed to drive well as is and that was on the 24,000 chassis. Of course, a 20-25 minute test drive really doesn't tell much

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #16

Just ran across this thread, sorry I'm late.
On the LS system, what maintenance is required and is it done by operator or have to be done by a service center?

Old 08-23-2019, 12:31 PM   #17

Initial 1000 miles Inspect bolts and nuts and assure they are properly torqued, inspect all hydraulic connections for signs of leakage and reservoir fluid level. Some of the bolts are torqued to 800-850 ft-lbs. I didn't have a torque wrench that went that high so I got the dealer to do the job, plus I have a record that it was done. The cost to me $400.00 to get it done, they had to go out while I was waiting to buy a new torque wrench. Routine Maintenance 25,000 miles or 6 months.
Ragsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #18

Just a update on the ride improvement, It's hard to put into words just how much better the ride is. Body roll when making a turn is just not there any more. There are three ride and handling settings, comfort, normal, and sport. I can't really tell the difference between comfort and normal, I leave it in normal most of the time. The best improvement in ride is on winding two lane roads or when there is a side wind, Put the ride in sport and it really stays in the road, you can feel the ride adjust whenever needed, trucks and cross winds are not a problem any more, you feel it but it's not what it was before, no more white -knuckle rides. If you are planning to buy a new Open Road take a test ride with the new LiquidSpring suspension.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:06 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsland View Post
Just a update on the ride improvement, It's hard to put into words just how much better the ride is. Body roll when making a turn is just not there any more. There are three ride and handling settings, comfort, normal, and sport. I can't really tell the difference between comfort and normal, I leave it in normal most of the time. The best improvement in ride is on winding two lane roads or when there is a side wind, Put the ride in sport and it really stays in the road, you can feel the ride adjust whenever needed, trucks and cross winds are not a problem any more, you feel it but it's not what it was before, no more white -knuckle rides. If you are planning to buy a new Open Road take a test ride with the new LiquidSpring suspension.
Hello Ragsland - - - I have a 40' Newmar 2017 Canyon Star, 26K chassis. As some have mentioned on this thread, I am happy with the way my rig drives and rides. I did add Sumo Springs all around to help with roll, they did the job. On a well maintained, asphalt road, my motor home is a dream. On rough, un-maintained roads - it is an experience.

I am about to visit the Liquid Springs factory this week for information on a retro-fit. I do not live far.

My question to you is , "How does it handle expansion joints, bridge connections from land to bridge & back, pot holes, rough multi-patched roads, heavily crowned or leaning roads?" Even some new concrete roads are an experience, very uneven.

Here in Indiana, we are known to have the worst roads in America, although after just coming home from the FMCA Convention in Minot, ND we drove on some rough roads all the way there and back.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
My question to you is , "How does it handle expansion joints, bridge connections from land to bridge & back, pot holes, rough multi-patched roads, heavily crowned or leaning roads?" Even some new concrete roads are an experience, very uneven.

Here in Indiana, we are known to have the worst roads in America, although after just coming home from the FMCA Convention in Minot, ND we drove on some rough roads all the way there and back.
Glenn, my first road test of the LiquidSpring system was in Indiana, very near the LiquidSpring factory. My article at the link below is a comparison before/after installation, and you'll see some data about the ride over expansion joints.

https://openroadscapes.com/blog/2017...rt-3-road-test

-- Bill
wgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:15 AM   #21

I thank Wgoldman can answer your questions better because he drove his before and after LS install. My old coach was 22,000 lbs and this one 26,000 with a longer wheel base. The cross wind driving is much improved over my old class A same as meeting a large truck on a two lane road, it correct itself before you can react.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:30 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Bill and Ragsland.......

Great articles Bill.

I spoke with Dean, the company President this past week when I was returning from North Dakota and will call Customer Service this week, Chris our Chad - I forget, to make an appointment this week. Wayne is still on the road for another month.

I'll keep y'all posted.

g

Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, led