Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2019, 05:53 AM   #1

Factory Installed Liquid Springs

Just wanted to provide some information from the Tampa RV Show. Tiffin is going to provide an option of having the coach built with Liquid Springs on the rear suspension in lieu of leaf springs. Other coach manufacturers will likely follow since the installation will be done at the Ford assembly plant and delivered to Tiffin. There were two coaches at the show with the installation and the representative from Liquid Spring offered to take me for a ride if I came back today but I hadn’t planned on a second day at the show.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #2

Oh that's way cool instead of having them retro fitted later.

Did he mention what the option would cost or is that up to Tiffen? I remember reading here this upgrade is about 8K-10K or something like that. Coming from the factory with easier access, a clean install, and larger number of installs, that cost should be cheaper I would think. LS is probably very happy that FORD and them have partnered up. That's a big deal.

Also, hopefully LS is going to be supervising these new chassis installs right off the bat at FORD to make sure they are done correctly to avoid any possible mishaps and avoid post install online fallout, like Lippert experienced with their rolling out of Schwintek slide systems. That "New Technology" hardware, install procedures, lack of proper testing and management oversight, turned out to be a fiasco and many new RV owners paid dearly.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #3

Factory Installed Liquid Springs

No, I didn’t even think to ask cost. When he told me the coaches behind him had the installation, I dropped my stuff and crawled under to get a better look. I should have taken a photo.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:14 PM   #4

Tiffin is listing LiquidSpring as a $13,000 MSRP option, according to people who were at the Tampa show. Buyers ordering a new Tiffin Open Road can typically assume they will get a dealer's discount in the range of 25-28% off the total MSRP. That means that including the LiquidSpring option in their order will add around $9500 to the purchase price. (Aftermarket installation of LiquidSpring on a Class A motorhome is typically in the neighborhood of $12,000.)

Another important factor in thinking about this expense is that there won't be any need for other enhancements to the rear suspension, such as Sumo Springs, beefier sway bars, upgraded shocks, or trac bars. And those types of costly aftermarket additions typically add almost nothing to the resale value, in contrast to factory-installed options.

Finally, just want to mention that LiquidSpring did work directly with Detroit Chassis (the company that assembles Ford's F53 chassis) to develop the factory installation of LiquidSpring-equipped F53s.

-- Bill
wgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow, and I thought $10,400 for their Active Air system installed on my rig was expensive!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:59 AM   #6

Bill,

Great information. I wasn’t able to spend a lot of time speaking with them as the show was closing down and we had another stop to make. My line of thinking would be factory installation, since you are a lot less likely to do it later. The installation was also very neat and tidy if you crawl under and look whereas an aftermarket might be a crap shoot.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:37 AM   #7

I saw this too, was really interested in doing a test drive but family was getting tired and we where on the way out.

Very interested to hear if Liquid Springs are worth it.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:25 AM   #8

Same story as everyone else. I was at Tampa, talked to the Liquid Springs folks but wasn't able to take the test drive. Did anybody make it to the test drive?

The Liquid Spring guy said they (LS) will install it on your F-53 at their location in Indiana for $10,500 and that the install will not void any Ford warranty.

I'm skeptical that it would be worth it as I'm satisfied with the way the 26K 2018 chassis works under my 2019 Newmar. The only mod I've done is to do the CHF on the rear and steering stabilizer on the front. I have no complaints with the handling.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #9

Just ordered a new Tiffin open road 36La today, wanted to upgrade to 26,000 chassis and it included liquid spring upgrade for 5000.00 list price.
Ragsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsland View Post
Just ordered a new Tiffin open road 36La today, wanted to upgrade to 26,000 chassis and it included liquid spring upgrade for 5000.00 list price.
Is it possible that you were looking at the price increase for an upgrade to the 26k chassis plus Sumo Springs?
wgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Interesting. At the Tampa show they were quoting it as a $13,500 upgrade over the price of the 24K chassis and they show it as a $15,950 upgrade on their build sheet. Sounds like you got a deal.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #12

It was on the build sheet, I ask if there was a mistake and they called the factory $5000.00,that what they were told.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:54 PM   #13

Quote:
It was on the build sheet, I ask if there was a mistake and they called the factory $5000.00,that what they were told.
$5K is about right for an upgrade from the 24K to the 26K without Liquid Springs but my build sheet doesn't show that pricing. If you got the Liquid Springs too for that price you got a steal. LS told me they charge $10,500 just to add LS to an existing 26K chassis.

Glad you got such a good price. Also interesting that your build sheet has different prices from the one I have. I'm looking at a sheet dated 1/15/2019.
Maybe they've changed the pricing.

The Sumo Spring upgrade is $1595.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:27 AM   #14

Picked up my new Tiffin yesterday, a sunny but windy day. Took the old class A for it's last ride to the dealership to pick up the new ride. We had a tour inside and out on all the new features of the new RV and was told this was the first with the Liquid Spring option. After the paper work was done we got to take her home, about 40 miles away. After the first turn my wife said wow, no rock and roll, I guess that was a good option to improve the ride. The wind was less of a push on the RV but I could still feel it, but the ride was a 100% improvement . It will be a few weeks before a long trip but I will give a update.

Tags
install, led