Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ford chassis info

Hello all,

So I have a question about a MH that my wife is looking at. It is a 2006 ford 22k F53 chassis but has a wheel base of 242 inches. I have done vin decoders, looked at the window sticker, and even the vin sticker in the MH. Everything that I find online says the 242WB came out in 2007 but this MH has factory stickers with the vin on them as well as the build sheet says it is a 2006 chassis built in November of that your. Could this be a 2006 chassis built to 2007 specs, thanks for any help, I want to figure this out before we make any decision.
DDDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #2

It's VERY common for motorhome manufacturers to stretch or shorten frames. There's even an approved Ford process. Just because Ford didn't make a particular wheelbase, doesn't mean you can't have it.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #3

Go to this link Fleet Showroom | fleet.ford.com
On the right side there is a download for the Ford Fleet Class A motorhome chassis brochure, 2014 year. Compare the suspension upgrades with your target chassis.

My understanding is that it is a difference between more of a truck chassis and the newer class A chassis. Mostly about the suspension and also about the hp of the V10.

I think you are right around the time that Ford came out with this Class A chassis. Personally, I would want the newer chassis and newer hp V10.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #4

FWIW it is my understanding that the MH companies buy chassis in large quantities of chassis at a time then build on a much slower rate than the chassis factory. Given various opinions of when the model year starts it is easy to have a one year difference. Without looking at the build date it appears you got an early run chassis from the next model year that was built before the end of the calender year. Not bad considering that it seems to mostly run the other way. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:32 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
DDDonkey, I agree with nothermark it is a late 06 build to 07 spec's. Usually it is the other way around and you get a carry over chassis.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your right about the carry over frames into the next model year. I have a 2007 model year Winnebago Voyage on 2006 F53 frame. 2006 was the first year with the new Ford transmission with the 30 valve V10.
OLD1SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:12 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for all the input on the chassis, I do think that it was an early build of the 2007 chassis but was labeled as a 2006. The Ford build sheets and Ford vin stickers on the inside of the MH all say it was a 242WB. Thanks again, love this forum!
DDDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your moho was built March of 05 0r later and is either model 8360 or 8375.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, ford