Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ford F53 Service OKC, OK

Hi fellow enthusiasts/sufferers. Just about to take possesion of a 2008 HR Admiral on a 2007 F53 chassis. Current chassis is WH22,and with the close of City Chev, service became a problem. Now I am changing to Ford again. I have had several Ford chassis units in the past, but not since the late 90's. I am not having much luck finding a Ford service center in or near OKLAHOMA City. Any advice as to where to go for service and warranty work will be greatly appreciated. Lets hope I am not making a big mistake. Been there done that before. But the coach is almost new with 2,500 miles on the clock. I am having it serviced before we leave AZ in the Spring, but we live in Edmond, Ok so if I need work done, I hopefully have something closer than Olathe FORD Rv near KC. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
CharlesOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you checked with Ford dealers that are designated as Truck Centers about chassis work. The coach would be different.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #3

You might try Ford Customer Service at 800 444-3311 perhaps they can help.

Good luck & happy to hear you're going with Ford again

Jim

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am of no help for your area, but in the Denver area I use Rush Ford, a light duy truck center who sells Ford trucks and services Volvo and Ford products.

They are the only Ford center which I could find in this area to work on Ford motorhome Class A chassis'.

My AC compressor was leaking at last spring startup...they replaced and I paid since the motorhome dealer had never reported my purchase to Ford. Rush Ford then let me know once the purchase got recorded (I had to get the Motorhome Dealer to straighten out the problem) and reimbursed my $600+ cost.

I would suggest that you call the Ford Motor Home Customer Assistance and Emergency Roadside Service Hotline 1-800-444-3311. They will assume you have called for Emergency. Just say no emergency and ask them for a Ford Truck Center who works on Class A Motorhome in whatever city you are looking for. They were very helpful in explaining how to get my warranty recorded and called back when it was straightened out and though I spoke to several people during the process. . They should be helpful even though you may be out of warranty for warranty purpose. In fact, I would ask them to check the records to see if you are shown as the owner from your date of purchase so you don't run into problems in the future. You will need your chassis VIN no.

Good luck to you.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank You

Thanks DickieBob. I have not actually taken ownership yet, but will need the info you gave me some time in the future. Currently were staying in our Moho in Apache junction, but after we get the new one, we will be going home to OK again in the Spring. Nice to know how to get help if it is needed, and my new coach will have at least 2 years factory warranty left on the chassis. I don't expect trouble, but after doing this for over 20 years, I am never surprised at what can happen. just prepare for the worst and enjoy the rest.
CharlesOK is offline   Reply With Quote