Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

Ford won't fix the 6speed trans problem...

they say it's not their problem, it's mine... they also say if it's dangerous to drive,... just don't drive it..

the ford repair has verified that my trans doesn't work proper,.. but ford has no fix , so there for there is no problems...

I have spend hours upon hours explaining the problem to broken English ignorant phone service people that don't know an engine from a transmission...

at the end of every call they say they are forwarding it to a superviser and they will be calling...

every one I talk to says mine is the only one that doesn't work...if in fact it doesn't work/...

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for a call from lucy rodriques... the district manager...no call....

I have told the story over and over to countless ford reps..... nothing...

ford said ... "don't drive it if it is not safe.... just leave it parked...

I know one thing, ford has everybody right now.....they have the only gas rig...

but they turn out junk with the wheels falling off...and get to keep on...

you can bet nobody in my family will be getting a new ford truck....
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2016, 03:32 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I assume it's under warranty? That's the only way I'd let any dealer fix anything more complicated than an empty windshield washer reservoir. If it's under warranty, threaten to get an attorney, and they can pay for him too. If it's not under warranty, never go to Ford.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I don't understand why your vehicle is not a dealer getting the issue reproduced by the service dept and then they work to fix it. If need be you work with the dealer to escalate to the zone rep. Why are you messing with first tier phone support?

Ford has sold many thousands of the 2016 VIN chassis with the new transmission so I suspect it is specific to your vehicle, as you state in your post.

- no vehicle company can do repair service over the phone not seeing the vehicle, can they ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford won't fix it

What is wrong with it? I have heard there have been problems with the tow mode on the 6 speeds. Is that the issue?
larryjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #5

Ford Pain

I feel your anger and frustration. I know exactly how you feel, I experienced something similar while it took 2 months, 2 Ford dealers, and dozens of phone calls, to get the front end of my brand new, 2015 THOR, replaced.

The F 53 chassis that I own has had its share of problems. The biggest frustration is getting a Ford authorized repair facility, of any kind, to even agree to look at it. Seriously, they have tried to send me 200 miles away, and I live in Southern California! No Ford dealer is equipped for heavy trucks, or they just refuse motor homes. The Ford Truck dealers want no part of you either, and THOR was no help whatsoever.

Just another reason to buy used, instead of new. That new vehicle warranty locked me into Ford dealers, who can't handle, or don't want motor home business. The local shops all said 2 days to fix, $2K in charges. My warranty got it fixed for "free". Just 2 months downtime, tows to 2 dealers, hours on the phone, and a $350 scratch on my RV where wrecker hung the rear light bar.

Next time, if there is one, I will never buy a brand new RV again.

In the meantime, keep in mind, it's an aggravation, not life or death! It will get fixed. Live and learn.
LeRoi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:56 PM   #6

I took my ford to the ford service place in vegas... after a week. they fixed the leaking axel...., there was a recall on the trans bracket...also told them that the tow haul doesn't work, and that it free wheel when I head down a grade...

they said they didn't find anything wrong... so I called ford service....

they said that I had to take it back and go on a ride with the the service tect....

which I did ... tech said..... it's not wotking... left the coach there... out on the middle of the desert in a dirt lot...I keep my coach in the garage...

a week goes by and nothing is happening..... other than my coach is getting destroyed...

service writer says go ahead and take it home... I call when we figure out what to do...

mean while... I keep calling and nothing.... talk to ford.... nothing... talk to repair place nothing...

every time I call they act like it's the first time and put me through 2 hrs on the phone..

absolutute run around over and over and over...

end result is ford says.... sorry it doesn't work for you .... don't drive it
Old 04-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
I assume it's under warranty? That's the only way I'd let any dealer fix anything more complicated than an empty windshield washer reservoir. If it's under warranty, threaten to get an attorney, and they can pay for him too. If it's not under warranty, never go to Ford.
it's a brand new 2016 ford f53... tow haul doesn't work. and you can't manual down shift a gear to slow down on grades...
Old 04-14-2016, 04:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjeans View Post
What is wrong with it? I have heard there have been problems with the tow mode on the 6 speeds. Is that the issue?
yes,
Old 04-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #9

Been driving Fords for 40 years only problem I've had warranty work done was the cassette player didn't work in my 87 Ranger.
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
'17' F350 6.7 CC King Ranch DRW 4x4 4:10s B&W 20 K Companion Hitch
'04' NuWa 33.5 RLTG DA Demco GlideRide pin box
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #10

Ford F53 Repair

The Ford Truck dealer that finally fixed my front end was the Rush Truck Center in Whittier, CA.

Look up Rush Enterprises on the net. They are a chain of Ford authorized truck sales and service. They have a leasing location in Vegas, not sure about service.

They finally fixed my defective king pins and did a 4 wheel alignment. Fixed the chassis issues. Not sure if their other locations are any good, or if they know trans., but they do know the F53. They have several locations in Utah and Arizona, somewhat close to you.

Good luck!
LeRoi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickdog View Post
Been driving Fords for 40 years only problem I've had warranty work done was the cassette player didn't work in my 87 Ranger.
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
so you didn't get lucky and get one of the 5000 that the wheels fell off.... I got 2 in a row...wheel bearing fried...
Old 04-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lemon law/ lawyer/ now!!
AKmtnpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:04 PM   #13

I've been waiting for a call from lucy rodriques for 2 weeks...shes the only one that can say what to do about my transmission problem...

still no call... dealerships hands are tied....they can't do anything till ford tells them how to fix it...

pretty sure someone will have to die before ford fixes it....

they have a video about how important the tow haul is for their trucks...
Old 04-14-2016, 07:46 PM   #14

Same here...same problem. I have reported the issue to NHTSA and to Ford. I have an 2016 ACE on a 18K chassis. Ford has done nothing to address the issue.

My neighbor is a lawyer and as soon as I see him again he and I will be chatting. If there is enough of us to file a Class Action lawsuit that's exactly what we need to do. The owners manual clearly states the down-shifting functionality while in Tow/Haul. It simply isn't working. Not sure if it's a software issue or hardware?? Either way Ford needs to take responsibility. They sold the product with the functionality and it doesn't work. This makes them liable.
campersRus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford