Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #1

generator tray

I have a 94 Ford Travelmaster 28 Ft.? I was given this by a dying relative. So I'm stuck with it for now. I have NO experience with RVs so I am flying blind. I do have a few issues with this thing . Most I can figure out but I do Have 1 I am not sure what to do.
The generator compartment bottom has been cut away . A new generator was installed and now its dead. So I bought a new one with hopes of just sticking it in the opening and moving on to the next issue. But not so fast. The opening of the compartment is 30x21x20. That's wide,high and deep. I purchased a Wen generator that's 26x17x17. The old generator was in a pan like tray that was about 3" lower than the bottom of compartment due to its size. The Wen fits well . Problem is the tray . It was made hastily and isn't very well constructed. You cant slide it out due to weight and there's no way to support it.
I want to make a slide out tray so I can operate it outside the compartment for safety reasons (gases etc.) and be able to put fuel in the tank when needed.
There is an edge going round the compartment that the built tray rests on.That ledge is where I want to install a slide mechanism and be able to pull it out . Just not sure how to do that. I know there are many made ones out there. I believe I can make it just as good but cheaper.
I just need some advice /pictures/ videos on how to build one . I have thought of a couple ways to make one but not sure which to use. The tray will have to be a side pull out due to the opening size . So opening will be 30' wide. Once I get inside I can make things fit . (I think) .
If you have any advice on this I appreciate it. Or if you are close by you can call me . or come by. Just email me and Ill give the info.
Thanks in advance for the help
Earl
94classc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2018, 06:19 AM   #2

Posting photo's of your dilemma and what city and state you live in would help considerably.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:29 AM   #3

generator tray

I am in Longs SC . Just outside Myrtle Beach. I have a 94 Travelmaster Montego RV 28 feet long. I don't have pictures to show. You will just have to be a visual person to see it for now. Pictures will be posted by the week end.
Don't understand why one needs this information but there it is all I am looking for is anyone who has plans for a slide out tray they constructed or know where I can obtain one. The ones on the internet are pull outs from the end. I need a side pull out . So I need to make one . That's why I am asking if there are plans/video/pictures of one being made
94classc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #4

The reason is this, you wrote "Or if you are close by you can call me . or come by. " You have to remember that this bulletin board is world wide and in your original post, you did not mention where you live. It could have been Moroco instead of South Carolina LOL

As far as photo's go, it gives the reader a picture of your word description and possibly will encourage a member to give you his advice/thoughts or solutions.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator