Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2019, 06:19 AM   #1

Hellwig Adjustable End Links 7962

Has anyone been able to find the Adjustable End Links for an F53 Ford chassis besides using the Hellwig ones?. I heard that you can't use their bolts on the F53 chassis. Lookikng for a longer end link for the CHF on the front that will be an even swap with the old end links.

Thanks,
'
Gefan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hel-7962_xl.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	263656  
gaffanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
NXR

Sorry, no. However you can PM TeJay and ask him about his brackets. He's welded up dozens of them for people. The existing links bolt to his bracket and his bracket bolts to the sway bar, so the proper angle is retained. He even has four holes so you can adjust it slightly. I think he's asking $60 for a set.

Ray
Old 10-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #3

https://www.ebay.com/str/rrcomponets...p2047675.l2563

These guys have lots of options for size and length.
GBRG07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:36 AM   #4

Skyjacker Sway Bar Extended End Links - SBE507 are 14" in length. I used them on my 2001 F53 Tiffin Allegro Bay to level front sway bar after doing CHF. They are $74.28 at 4wheelparts.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/skyjac.../R-BHNG-SBE507

https://skyjacker.com/shop/sway-bar-link/sbe507/

I installed them over 2 years ago and 15,000 miles ago.
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
Skyjacker Sway Bar Extended End Links - SBE507 are 14" in length. I used them on my 2001 F53 Tiffin Allegro Bay to level front sway bar after doing CHF. They are $74.28 at 4wheelparts.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/skyjac.../R-BHNG-SBE507

https://skyjacker.com/shop/sway-bar-link/sbe507/

I installed them over 2 years ago and 15,000 miles ago.

Did you have to do any modification to these end links to fit on the Ford F53 chassis.
gaffanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffanning View Post
Did you have to do any modification to these end links to fit on the Ford F53 chassis.
I remember it being straight forward. Didn't require anything special, although I might have reused the sleeves from factory bushing instead of the sleeves that came with them.
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
I remember it being straight forward. Didn't require anything special, although I might have reused the sleeves from factory bushing instead of the sleeves that came with them.

I used the sleeves along with the bolts that were already on my coach. It was easy to use them in the new bushings supplied by Hellwig. The bolts that are supplied with the Hellwig kit are too skinny for direct replacement. By putting some of the supplied grease on outside of the sleeves, they slid in the bushings easily.

If you use this kit, first put the bushings in the links ends, then put the sleeves into the bushings. The bushings are not easy to slide in if the sleeves are already in them. I used a pipe clamp to squeeze the bushings in. I don't have a vise, so this did what a vise would do to squeeze them in.
ClassAboater is offline   Reply With Quote