Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #1

Need a chassis manual

my motor home is a fleetwood tiaga with a ford chassis made in 1986 i found the owners manual but haven't found the chassis manual. the motorhome has a 460 engine with a not factory carb on it. the previouse owner couldn't get it started so they sold it for 100 dollars with all new tires and some internal leaks so i need to redo the walls. and someone put a storage unit on top and walked on the roof which didn't help. got it home started to tear into the interior.but ran into a few snags . i need to take the a/c out because the roof sags there and i need to take out the storage on the roof, idon't think that is suppose to be there. all these things should be in the manual if i can find one. help....
mrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2019, 11:29 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
CHASSIS MANUAL will be the Ford ECONOLINE, check online. Roof A/C manual will be by Brand/ Model #; Any OWNER MANUAL for Fleetwood Tioga (I suspect) you will find to be "very generic and not helpful" for your specific issues. (Most) Roof A/c Units, you remove the interior Return air trim, and there are four LONG bolts, one in each corner, that holds it to the roof thru the 14x14 roof opening... THEN THERE is a 120vac connection and Thermostat wires. TIP: Any specific manuals, search by Brand and Model # for installation or service or owner manuals.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Also Fleetwood has some factory information available which might help with the coach wiring, plumbing, etc. Contact their customer service to see if they have anything for your specific year and model.
You might try this site:
https://carmanuals2.com/brand/ford
to see if they have your chassis manual. If so, you should be able to download a copy. I agree on the Econoline based chassis - should be an E-350 (unless Ford used a different designation for stripped E-line chassis).
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:58 PM   #4

If you're looking for original Ford paper manuals, they are few and far between. They were then, and still are quite expensive. At that time Ford was switching from paper to CD's for their manuals. There were multiple volumes of the paper manuals with individual ones for engines, transmissions, emissions, one covering body chassis & electrical, and another covering predelivery, lubrication & maintenance. There are a few sets for sale on eBay, but the asking price is as much or more than they sold for new

The CD's were a 1 or 2 volume set that generally covered 1 or more models. They are much easier to deal with, and if necessary a page, section, or the entire manual can be printed. There are several available on eBay ranging in price from $29.95 to $49.95.

If you decide to purchase either style be sure to ask the seller exactly what is included in the manuals. Often times Ford service manuals only included information new for that particular model year. They referred back to the previous year or years for procedures that remained unchanged.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #5

thanks i will try ebay again. they didn't have one a few months ago.
mrcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, manual