Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENSLOWPOKE View Post
Newbie to the rv world! we have an F53 , so since you are old hands at this can you help us find the 'cold control' or thermostat for the a/c . It is in the fire wall but cannot find a new part for it. Any and all suggestions would be great.
1993 Gulfstream Sun Voyager
thanks

Maybe this site will help you.
Click here: Evans Tempcon, Inc
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #44

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback1 View Post

Thanks, I will look into it.. really appreciate the info.. I will let you know if I find it there..
Me & Slowpoke
Old 07-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello all
I have a Winnabego Adventurer 35U on a ford chassis. Is this the F 53?
Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemole View Post
Hello all
Thanks
Yes
Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #47

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemole View Post
Hello all
Thanks
The way we found out that our chassis is an F53 is my sister (previous owner) keeps everything, so we still had the sticker that was on the window. They bought it new, and at the top of it says F-350 . When I went to the Ford dealer I took that with me to get an overflow jug as this one was cracked.. the parts department manager marked at the top of the sticker F53 and told me that anytime I needed a part to refer to that. He also said that knowing the vin# sometimes help to get the correct part.
Hope this info will help a little!

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Old 07-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #48

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
a/c cold control part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback1 View Post
Well Shellback1,
I went on the website, found the part # etc..(Evans Tempcon #RV212093-cold control) looked everywhere for the part even on Ebay. No luck.. I called Tempcon today and they do not sell parts but did verify this is the only part for the problem. They did give me the name and number for Comfort Air as he is an independent selling Tempcon parts for after market.. Now to get him to return my call and get it is another wait and see..
Just wanted to let you know I appreciate the info you originally gave me.
thanks,

Old 07-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #49

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENSLOWPOKE View Post
Well Shellback1,
I went on the website, found the part # etc..(Evans Tempcon #RV212093-cold control) looked everywhere for the part even on Ebay. No luck.. I called Tempcon today and they do not sell parts but did verify this is the only part for the problem. They did give me the name and number for Comfort Air as he is an independent selling Tempcon parts for after market.. Now to get him to return my call and get it is another wait and see..
Just wanted to let you know I appreciate the info you originally gave me.
thanks,

Not a problem, hope he calls you back. He answered my call and wanted $130 plus shipping, and I got the part on ebay for $75. Good luck!

Ron
Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #50

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I found the part and it is on the way.. I spoke with Comfort Air this morning, he wanted $59.99 plus shipping, so I declined. I called RV Masters in Houston, sure nuff they had it, and it is on the way for $30.70 plus shipping.. all together for less than what he wanted for the part..
Again, thanks for all the help..

Old 10-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2001 32 winnebago adventurer

i am concidering a 2001 32' winnebago with superslide it has 98000 miles on it .....any thoughts or opinions regardless what they are would be apreciated i am concerned if the miles indicate the v10 may be close to rebuild time,i am told it runs excellent
Old 10-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #52

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
i am concerned if the miles indicate the v10 may be close to rebuild time,i am told it runs excellent
Welcome to irv2 forums. If the V10 was well maintained (oil changes and filters etc) it isn't even close to it's first rebuild. On the Ford forums there are a couple with over 500,000mmi and one that just turned 250,000 mi without major problems, if they're telling the truth. The one with the 500K has had a transmission rebuild.
If there were any major problems with the one you are looking at, they would have shown up and been repaired long before now.
If you should buy it, have the spark plugs changed by a Ford shop, yes it may look expensive, but much cheaper in the long run to have it done properly. With that mileage the transmission should also be serviced if it hasn't
We bought ours with 102,000 miles on it (an ex-rental) it now has 122,000 on the clock.
Cheers
Willey
Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #53

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New ford group

Hi, we are new to this site but not to ford F53's. On our 3rd F53 gasser and have had no problems. DP's sound like to much trouble for the little traveling we do. We are also only pulling max 26,000 lbs. We now own a 2008 35' class A windsport (our 2nd Windsport) with 3 slides. We think this one is it for us. We are having 4 Koni shocks, Safe T Plus steering and rear trak bar installed. Have installed air extenions and HawksHead TPMS system. Do oil and grease plus minor things ourself.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #54

Ford Super Duty Owner
we;re on our 2nd ford v10 1st was a e450 w/holiday rambler "house" now a gtown on a f53 chaissis
happy with both
brianj
Old 02-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a Ford F250 7.3L PSD and pull a 30' 5er and am considering buying a 2005 Winne Aspect 26A with a V10. At present I use synthetic oil in the PSD and can extend the change intervals to 10,000 miles or more according to Blackstone Lab reports. My question is -- what intervals are others using by putting synthetic oil in their gasser? I know the V10 turns at a higher RPM and that may make a difference as well as higher temps.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi I am new to the Ford world (kinda, once upon a time I had a 1993 Taurus wagon). The in laws had a GM dealership when still alive, and Ford products were not allowed in the family.

I am the brand new owner of a 2001 Four Winds Hurricane 29D that looks and drives like new. I hope that I will get some real good gas mileage with it because of its rather low weight.
Closed Thread