Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2018, 08:01 AM   #1

No Air Out Of A/C Dash Vents

On our trip in our '99 Winnie with F53 chassis from Michigan back home to Az. The dash air would stop blowing out the vents. I do have a vacuum gauge hooked to the intake and thought at first it was because when climbing hills there was around 2 to 4 inches of vacuum and the door in the housing was switching to default. There would be a little air out of the dash vents when we topped a hill and started down the other side. Vacuum was in the 15 to 20 inch range then.
We were getting hot and while taking a short break I noticed lots of water coming out I assumed the a/c drain. I opened the hood and discovered the water was not from the drain but was leaking out of the joint where the 2 pieces of the box meet. I pulled the short drain tube off and LOTS of water started running out. The drain tube is about 3/8" in diameter but there is only a tiny hole in the bottom the drain water and it was plugged.

I left the tube off as we were only a couple of hundred miles from home and it blew nice cold air on the way. I will clean it and reinstall it and seal up the joint between the parts of the box which might help keep out outside air when I run the a/c on Recirculate.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on the roadside repair

The dash A/C is installed by the RV builder - added to the compressor and condenser coil on the chassis...but it's not usually a Ford bit.

These in-dash "air handlers" come from companies like Evans/Tempcon and can be common to many brands.

It should be rare for the condensation drain to become blocked, so when doing a final fix look for kinks, mud, or insect residue in the drain line.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, vent, air