Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey guys going to ask this question here since my post on the Winnebago forum got no replies.

Both a neighbor and I have 07 F35 chassis, both Winnebago's but different models and lengths.

The strange thing is both of us get a rattle/buzzing sound from the Gas Cap. Its pretty well timed which has me and him thinking its an in take fuel pump. But nobody has ever confirmed it.

Anyone else experience this or have any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey guys going to ask this question here since my post on the Winnebago forum got no replies.

Both a neighbor and I have 07 F35 chassis, both Winnebago's but different models and lengths.

The strange thing is both of us get a rattle/buzzing sound from the Gas Cap. Its pretty well timed which has me and him thinking its an in take fuel pump. But nobody has ever confirmed it.

Anyone else experience this or have any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #3

My F53 makes a rude noise when the engine is running. I'm not sure what is making the noise but I believe the gas tank is venting, or sucking air.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Our Bounder does the same thing. It's got a sound I refer to as "purring"..like the sound the character Jerry Espenson does on Boston Legal. I notice it most when we stop to get gas (PUN?) at a fuel station or when we arrive at our destination after a long trip. Once I open up the cap, it's like the pressure is released - it makes a sound like opening a pop can - & it stops.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #5

I have the same problem...changed out gas caps and still smae thing....one fella told me awhile back with same situation that he had a crimp in the line to the evap cannisters on the right side of frame....could not find on mine. Another told me it was the in tank pump, but it sure seems to be sucking air as when I release the cap it swallows air like crazy....still no explaination even after calling Ford.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #6

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
My 2006 THOR with ford v-10 362 hp 5 speed does the same thing. not all the time but when you release to get gas . I called ford mfg. and they said not to worry about it.
As long as it works and runs and get me to my destination and don't stall on me , then I am a HAPPY CAMPER
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I got a reply from Winnebago, not as detailed as I would have liked and doesn't totally answer my question but I won't lose any sleep over the issue (not like I had been).

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">"A venting gas camp is used for this fuel system, so it is highly probable the noise you were hearing was normal."</span>
Old 10-22-2007, 01:20 PM   #8

I have the same problem, plus a gas gauge that is way, way off. Took it to a Ford dealer, they replaced the gas cap. While hooking up my toad in the dealer's lot, I heard the noise again. I went inside and called out the mechanic who had worked on my rig. He heard it, scratched his head, and said maybe it's supposed to do that. Anyway, they sent me on my way and said they'd call their support at Ford. A week later, I called them and they told me that Ford said they were aware of the problem and they were working on it. That was 5 months ago, I haven't heard back from them. I made a 5000 mile trip during this time and had no problems. As for the gauge error, they told me to never trust the gauge, duh? So I stop and fill up every 300 miles.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote