Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2017, 05:18 AM   #1

Oil Change Indicator reset

I followed the reset procedure below without results. I changed the O / F before the indicator light came on 6600 miles on my 2017 Tiffin 32 SA 24 K chassis.
After further thought I may have to let the system go through the boot up and then press the pedals at the same time.
Any other suggestions ?

OIL CHANGE INDICATOR RESET

Resetting the Oil Life Monitoring System Only reset the oil life monitoring system after changing the engine oil and oil filter. To reset the oil life monitoring system do the following: 1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine. 2. Fully press the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time. 3. Keep the accelerator and brake pedals fully pressed. 4. After three seconds, a message displays confirming the reset procedure is in progress. 5. After 25 seconds, a message displays confirming the reset procedure is complete. 6. Release the accelerator and brake pedals. 7. Switch the ignition off

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
I followed the reset procedure below without results. I changed the O / F before the indicator light came on 6600 miles on my 2017 Tiffin 32 SA 24 K chassis.
After further thought I may have to let the system go through the boot up and then press the pedals at the same time.
Any other suggestions ?

OIL CHANGE INDICATOR RESET

Resetting the Oil Life Monitoring System Only reset the oil life monitoring system after changing the engine oil and oil filter. To reset the oil life monitoring system do the following: 1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine. 2. Fully press the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time. 3. Keep the accelerator and brake pedals fully pressed. 4. After three seconds, a message displays confirming the reset procedure is in progress. 5. After 25 seconds, a message displays confirming the reset procedure is complete. 6. Release the accelerator and brake pedals. 7. Switch the ignition off

Thanks
Try it one more time.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:18 AM   #3

I did no luck, thanks Bill.

I will call ford today.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #4

Curious about this as well. The manual tells you how to reset it but there is no other reference to an oil life monitor on the F53. I assumed that the reset procedure was an accidental 'cut and paste' from another model Ford product.
AITG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:46 AM   #5

I just use my laptop and enter change dates on my maintenance log sheet. But I always change my oil/filter sooner than factory settings warn to anyways.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:35 AM   #6

Thanks Martin !
My 2017 Tiffin 32 SA had the oil and filter changed by me at 3200 miles and now 6600 miles for winter storage.
I greased the 9 points of the front end yesterday. I would say from the factory Ford skimps on the grease. Also my R tie rod boot has a tear, I will look into warranty replacement.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:37 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thanks Martin !
My 2017 Tiffin 32 SA had the oil and filter changed by me at 3200 miles and now 6600 miles for winter storage.
I greased the 9 points of the front end yesterday. I would say from the factory Ford skimps on the grease. Also my R tie rod boot has a tear, I will look into warranty replacement.
Don't blame Ford, they sell the chassis to the MFG and it may sit in the yard for a year, then the MH MFG will build on it. It is possible to have a 2018 MH on a 2017 chassis, thus when registered it is a 2017. Frankly I don't care for the Ford chassis but it is the only game out there.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
Don't blame Ford, they sell the chassis to the MFG and it may sit in the yard for a year, then the MH MFG will build on it. It is possible to have a 2018 MH on a 2017 chassis, thus when registered it is a 2017. Frankly I don't care for the Ford chassis but it is the only game out there.
I'm not blaming Ford the lack of grease is an objective observation. Proof they greased the 9 points sparingly . Fortunately for me my chassis and coach are both 2017 models.
Regarding the Ford chassis I agree in stock form it has weaknesses. But if ford outfitted the chassis as I did it transforms into an exceptional improvement. My 24K chassis has the following game changing improvements.
1- Safe T plus stabilize
2- Sumo Springs F &R
3- Rear Track Bar
4- CHF Rear SB
5- Roadmaster Front SB
6- Roadmaster Rear SB
7- Koni FSD shocks front
8- Koni FSD Rear Quad shocks
9- Tire pressure reduction from 94 PSI from dealer to.
84 PSI Front and 82 Rear
My cost $ 6,200 for the above # 1-2-3 , they were installed prior to coach delivery and I did the remaining mods myself. Worth every penny for us and my effort installing these products for the increase in safety and ease of driving the coach.
All modifications combined eliminated porpoisin, body roll and being pushed by other vehicles. Strong side wind will move all coaches off line but with this setup body roll is minimal as is correction to correct tracking.
Eliminating body roll applies less stress on the tires which allows for less air pressure and a much smoother ride.
If Ford applied their version of these improvements out of the box I bet there chassis would get great reviews. I would pay an extra 2 K for the coach with these improvements.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:05 AM   #9

Quote:
I'm not blaming Ford the lack of grease is an objective observation. Proof they greased the 9 points sparingly . Fortunately for me my chassis and coach are both 2017 models.
Regarding the Ford chassis I agree in stock form it has weaknesses. But if ford outfitted the chassis as I did it transforms into an exceptional improvement. My 24K chassis has the following game changing improvements.
1- Safe T plus stabilize
2- Sumo Springs F &R
3- Rear Track Bar
4- CHF Rear SB
5- Roadmaster Front SB
6- Roadmaster Rear SB
7- Koni FSD shocks front
8- Koni FSD Rear Quad shocks
9- Tire pressure reduction from 94 PSI from dealer to.
84 PSI Front and 82 Rear
My cost $ 6,200 for the above # 1-2-3 , they were installed prior to coach delivery and I did the remaining mods myself. Worth every penny for us and my effort installing these products for the increase in safety and ease of driving the coach.
All modifications combined eliminated porpoisin, body roll and being pushed by other vehicles. Strong side wind will move all coaches off line but with this setup body roll is minimal as is correction to correct tracking.
Eliminating body roll applies less stress on the tires which allows for less air pressure and a much smoother ride.
If Ford applied their version of these improvements out of the box I bet there chassis would get great reviews. I would pay an extra 2 K for the coach with these improvements.
Nice list of mod's.

I'm just wondering here:
9- Tire pressure reduction from 94 PSI from dealer to 84 PSI Front and 82 Rear

1) Was your coach fully loaded for the road with these pressures and if so what were your final weights?
2) What type of tires do you have...Mich's?

BTW...do yourself and us a favor by putting your MH and Toad information into your signature
This will really help in all your posts, so you won't have to type it in each time.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter.
Consider signing up and becoming a IRV2 supporter. It’s a small way to give back to what we all reap here.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Nice list of mod's.

I'm just wondering here:
9- Tire pressure reduction from 94 PSI from dealer to 84 PSI Front and 82 Rear

1) Was your coach fully loaded for the road with these pressures and if so what were your final weights?
2) What type of tires do you have...Mich's?

BTW...do yourself and us a favor by putting your MH and Toad information into your signature
This will really help in all your posts, so you won't have to type it in each time.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter.
Consider signing up and becoming a IRV2 supporter. It’s a small way to give back to what we all reap here.
Martin thanks , coach was fully loaded in fact fresh water tank 80% full B & G tanks 2/3 full ,3/4 fuel tank and 3/4 propane tank .
I had the weight done at a CAT scale, only front and rear axle not 4 corners. Front axle 8000 lbs Rear 13,620. Michelin XRV tires 255/80R 22.5. The Michelin chart based on my axle weights put me between 2 suggested pressure recommendation. I Increased pressure for just a bit of added safety. Michelin recommends the following.
Single: 75 psi for 4,070 lbs
80 psi for 4,300 lbs
Dual : 75 psi for 7,410 lbs
80 psi for 7720 lbs
Proper air pressure certainly helps to reduce the sharp hit on rough expansion joints and improves tracking on uneven rutted road surfaces. I will add if the coach did not have these mods body roll would be significant and would require increased TP to handle increased sidewall stress.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just wondering if you ever got the oil change notice to reset?
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
Just wondering if you ever got the oil change notice to reset?
Bill
Bill not yet , I need to call Ford to see if it can be done . The oil change reset indicator never came on. I have done 2 O/F changes one at 3300 mi and two at about 6500 miles.

Tags
cat