Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2016, 06:08 AM   #71

The Ford dealer said that the brake light issue was due to something that Tiffin did when installing the house on the chassis - sort of as the dealer had said, that the wires were bundled too tightly which caused the codes to be triggered when a sharp turn was made. The dealer loosened the zip tie on the cables and we have not seen the light since. As far as the CEL code, they cleared it and could not replicate it on a test drive. They said, as I've read elsewhere, that it could have been from topping off the gas ( which I had done not knowing it could cause a problem) or bad gas. We've gone 500 miles since then and no lights. Fingers crossed. thanks to all who have provided insight and information. Safe travels!
jerztime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2016, 06:16 AM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
well while driving to Vermont my CEL came on again. I am scheduled to bring to Ford next week I hope they can get this corrected. although the RV seems to run great even with the CEL on.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:45 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1x1 View Post
well while driving to Vermont my CEL came on again. I am scheduled to bring to Ford next week I hope they can get this corrected. although the RV seems to run great even with the CEL on.

The P0300 issue doesn't appear to indicate an actual engine problem.

Have you had the flash done as yet?

Mine was flashed a few days ago but we are not traveling till the end of June. In June we will start our return trip to Washington State from Virginia. I should know if the flash actually fixed the issue by the time we arrive home.

Safe travels . JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:59 AM   #74

Tiffin Owners Club
No I have not had the computer flashed. has this worked for anybody?
Old 05-27-2016, 07:59 AM   #75
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1x1 View Post
No I have not had the computer flashed. has this worked for anybody?
Our CEL came on at about 1400 at the RV dealer while begin prepped and the computer was reset. After Ford came up with a TSB for the problem, the MH engine was ref-lashed at about 2000. The light was not on, but they re-flashed it. I now have 4000 on the odometer and still no light.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:06 AM   #76

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When our light was consistently on we had the rig's ECM Flashed and have had no more problems thus far +/- 2500 miles
Americanrascal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #77

I had my computer flashed in Virginia. I now have over 2,900 miles since my last engine lighr
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #78
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
I had my computer flashed in Virginia. I now have over 2,900 miles since my last engine lighr
JD

Glad to hear that especially given all the hoops you had to jump through to get to this point. I don't know if you remember, but our CEL lit for the P0300 code before we picked it up at about 1400 miles. The dealer took it to Ford and could not find anything and erased the codes. I had the flash done at 2020 and now have 6054 on the odometer with no issues. The F-53 has somewhat exceeded my expectations. So far, we have average 7.5 mpg which includes driving in significant winds across the plains state and mountains towing the Trailhawk. Before the next long trip, I think we will get the 5-Star.

ed

Tags
chassis, engine