Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
i have added banks headers with their matching oversize exhaust,the 5-star tune, and a banks air intake,add to that factory bilsteins, rear trac-bar,and "the cheap handling fix" from IRV2. that is about all one can do to a f-53, depending on your personal choices.....after all that i love the way she drives uphill downhill round hill...well worth the time.... and well it was not cheap but i am happy......good luck with your hot- rodding
mjoemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #16

What is the cheap handling fix you speak of??
gyoungbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My 362 hp unit ran well at altitude with no discernable loss of power, while towing a 3000lb Cobalt. Ran up the hills passing many DPs and was controllable in Towhaul mode down the other side. I use the 5 Star package. JM2¢...
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had full Banks with transcommand on my 01 v-10. Not even close to worth the $$$.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm another pleased 5-Star customer. made a big difference in performance and fixed the annoying shift issues on my 2012 V-10 coach.
gman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyoungbmw
What is the cheap handling fix you speak of??
It's a no cost mod to the stock Ford F53 chassis anti-sway bars. Check out "cheap handling fix" in the Ford Chassis Forum.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #21

I've not really been looking to hard, but not seen to many performance add to items for the V10.
I guess it is that the the 6.8 is so new, very few companys have had the time to design things for them.

Things like pistons to up the compression & difference heads to go along with those pistons, but then again, if the compression is taken higher, will the oem rods & crankshaft stand up to the higher pressures.
Camshafts & intake might would be something to look at, along with a better flowing exhaust system, but who will step up to the plate to do the testing & designing.

A turbo would be a good & easy idea, but can the pistons, rods, crank & head gaskets stand up to the task.
Neil
Old 06-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparent View Post
.. because I cant find anyone else that has done it? I'm a motorhead and think about these things.. didn't mean to sound like I am complaining about the power I already have... in fact I have been impressed with it.

Motorhead here too.

A trip through the mountains towing a 4 door wrangler cured me of the itch to spend money on the power side of the drivetrain. Pulled that jeep right up the mountains with little trouble. I'm in a 2011 V10 chassis; can't speak for older versions but can say I was impressed with mine. My biggest complaint is having the engine up front and the roar it makes in lower gears at higher RPM. But that's momentary for the most part and tolerable.

I'm satisfied with my chassis its the home part of motorhome that has me vexed at times.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #23

Another kudos to Mike at 5 Star tuning. First trip today with the new tune cruising thru lots off hills, curves and mountain pass thru WA State cascades.

Amazing improvement from stock. Perfect amount of addition torque has greatly improved driveabilty. Plus, fuel economy was noticeably better comparing to last year taking the exact same route. The fuel savings on this single, long trip will actually pay for the entire cost of the tuner per my calculations. Fantastic value!

Highly recommend this mod!!
turboslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you really want forced induction, check on the truck forums. Those guys will be making these mods, if available.

From someone with a 275-ish hp 99 V10, with a banks kit maybe 300... 362 sounds pretty darn good.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboslacker View Post
Another kudos to Mike at 5 Star tuning. First trip today with the new tune cruising thru lots off hills, curves and mountain pass thru WA State cascades.

Amazing improvement from stock. Perfect amount of addition torque has greatly improved driveabilty. Plus, fuel economy was noticeably better comparing to last year taking the exact same route. The fuel savings on this single, long trip will actually pay for the entire cost of the tuner per my calculations. Fantastic value!

Highly recommend this mod!!
Your chassis specs before and after would be usefull information.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #26

I googled V-10 Supercharger and found this web site www.rjssuperchargers.com They say they can boost the hp by 150 and have pictures of where to mount it on a V-10 truck, not sure if it would fit a MH, but he does mention MH's on his home page.

Wayne
ItascaRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Perfect. A supercharged Motorhome. Wonder if you can get a Nitrous Kit and slicks for dualies too?
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
Perfect. A supercharged Motorhome. Wonder if you can get a Nitrous Kit and slicks for dualies too?
Your kids may want to borrow it for Prom, (or your grandkids).

Tags
ford, power, v10