Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
What was the exact code?

There is a speed sensor on top of the rear differential. Costs about $15. Change it.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 07:53 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
A service reminder light and a check engine light have always been two separate things. Sometimes they are a different color light and or a different symbol. Each manufacturer has ways of differentiating between the two lights.

OBDI began generally in 1980 and OBDII began in 1996. I say "generally" because not all classes of vehicles came on board at the same time. This following fact has been true at least since OBDII began. The CEL only comes on if something fails/happens which causes the exhaust emissions to exceed federal standards.

One example was leaving the gas cap loose. Maybe you changed spark plug wires and one was loose (intermittent misfires) which caused the CEL to come on. You discover the wire, replace it and after so many starts with no misfires the light won't come back on.

These are fail-safes to reduce the number of folks heading/calling a dealer because the gas cap was loose.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:05 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I forgot to write it down of course, but it was the Output Speed Sensor Malfunction code.
Some have suggested to replace the sensor on top of the trans, by the output shaft.
Southwindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all for your input. Some incorrect, but hey that is why it is a forum; hopefully we can learn from each other.

Yesterday I went up and replaced the speed sensor on top of the differential ( and topped off the fluid) and the output shaft speed sensor (rear of the transmission area).

I am heading out next week so we will see if it trips the code again.

Safe travels everyone.
Southwindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
I would:
Add your vehicle into your forum signature...then we won't be guessing on what you have.
Yeah, I used to suggest creating a signature to folks all the time. Especially new people here who just didn't know any better. I always just tried to help them and get their thread moving in the right direction without all the endless questions of what kind of coach do you have. Besides...having a signature is actually in the rules of this forum. So, I even gave them instructions on how to create one because most new people probably wouldn't know how to do it.

Here's what I have always posted in the past:
BTW…do yourself (and us) a favor by putting—detailed information—of your rig by creating a signature. That way you won't have to type this information each time in all your future posts and people won't have to ask "What Model of coach do you have". Look at some other posters signatures if you need some examples.
You create a signature by:
1) Go to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter

And then after that suggestion, I gave my reply to their question or chimed in on that particular thread.

Well, in the past but also just recently I've had some people comment, "hey quit telling me what to do" you can see my info in my profile. They con't to complain and say I'm being bossy and arrogant then they block me.

Then another person chimed in on the same thread and says, "yeah that rubbed me wrong too and that really offended me." And then they blocked me.

Yeah...bossy, arrogant and offensive. Nop just trying to help. IMO, many people just get offended to easily these days.

So now—if I see any thread with no signature by the OP—I will NOT suggest to them to create one and I won't go ring-around-the-rosie by reading 22 posts to finally figure out what coach they have.

I just move on to another thread. My FREE time to help others can be better spent.

My 2 cents.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Yeah, I used to suggest this to folks all the time. Especially new people here who just didn't know any better. I always just to tried to help them and get their thread moving in the right direction without all the endless questions of what kind of coach do you have. Besides having a signature is actually in the rules of this forum.

BTW…do yourself (and us) a favor by putting—detailed information—of your rig by creating a signature. That way you won't have to type this information each time in all your future posts and people won't have to ask "What Model of coach do you have". Look at some other posters signatures if you need some examples.
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter.

In the past but also just recently I've had some people comment, "hey quit telling me what to do" you can see my info in my profile. They con't to complain and then blocked me.

Then another person chimes in on the same thread and says, "yeah that rubbed me wrong too. That really offended me." And then they blocked me.

So now if I see a post with no signature, I will NOT suggest it to them and probably also not go ring-around-the-rosie with them and read 22 posts to finally figure out what coach they have.

I just move on to another thread.

My 2 cents.

I, too, find it much easier to offer help if basic MH information is in the signature. I guess I can see why someone might take the opening phrasing of your suggestion as offensive, but I don't understand the logic of saying that their information is in their profile and that is enough. IMO, the forum is for help and it benefits both sides to provide as much specific information as possible.

On a related note, there are often posts that relate to specific locations yet the poster does not have his/her location posted anywhere. Makes offering help much more difficult.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:03 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
I was not at all bothered by "Martins " comments. He stated facts regarding a signature and how it helps those who wish to post suggestions. It is just common sense. I guess that means common sense is not so common anymore.

In the past some have made comments because I didn't take the time to look into their "Signature" which usually has their make and year coach. We are already taking time offering ideas to help them.

Then again we just got a call and my older Sister and she may have lung cancer in both lungs. She is/was (??) in great health and not a smoker. We'll know more in a week. What's really important??? Priorities?? Ahh let me think??
Old 06-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #22

I'm here now if you have time, I might have to pull the drywall out before we can really accurate measurements
monte433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:28 PM   #23

Sorry I somehow answered a text on here
monte433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:45 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Yeah, I used to suggest creating a signature to folks all the time. Especially new people here who just didn't know any better. I always just tried to help them and get their thread moving in the right direction without all the endless questions of what kind of coach do you have. Besides...having a signature is actually in the rules of this forum. So, I even gave them instructions on how to create one because most new people probably wouldn't know how to do it.

3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter

And then after that suggestion, I gave my reply to their question or chimed in on that particular thread.

Well, in the past but also just recently I've had some people comment, "hey quit telling me what to do" you can see my info in my profile. They con't to complain and say I'm being bossy and arrogant then they block me.

Then another person chimed in on the same thread and says, "yeah that rubbed me wrong too and that really offended me." And then they blocked me.

Yeah...bossy, arrogant and offensive. Nop just trying to help. IMO, many people just get offended to easily these days.

So now—if I see any thread with no signature by the OP—I will NOT suggest to them to create one and I won't go ring-around-the-rosie by reading 22 posts to finally figure out what coach they have.

I just move on to another thread. My FREE time to help others can be better spent.

My 2 cents.
So i have an interesting side note. I have a sig but no sigs show up on the mobile platform, only the web based side. I am not even sure if it shows here....is there something simple I am not doing to see signatures on my phone? BTW my phone is my only internet connection....
Old 06-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #25

Service Engine Soon light just came on. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st-tt2018 View Post
So i have an interesting side note. I have a sig but no sigs show up on the mobile platform, only the web based side. I am not even sure if it shows here....is there something simple I am not doing to see signatures on my phone? BTW my phone is my only internet connection....

Signatures unfortunately do not show in the app. When using the app I’ll check the users profile to see what their rig is.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmar2856 View Post
Signatures unfortunately do not show in the app. When using the app I’ll check the users profile to see what their rig is.
[emoji106]

Tags
engine, light, service