Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #1

Tiger Trac Bar

I was about ready to sell our new motor home after our first long trip. Between cross winds and eighteen wheelers, we were all over the road. I had the Blue Ox rear Trac Bar installed while in Florida. We are now on our way home to Virginia and I can't get over the difference it has made in handling. I would highly recommed this addition to any Ford f53 chassis.
flohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #2

I agree. Besides, BlueOx is the BEST company I have dealt with for customer service. Mike Swain has given me the best customer support. I will buy BlueOx products anytime.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 on the Tiger Trac
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #4

It sure is strange, I guess nobody from Ford Motor Co, has ever drove a M/H with one of their F53 chassis under it, or else a rear trac bar would be standard equipt on every one coming down the line.

I built my own track bar, a bit on the over kill heavy duty side, but didnt want to have it on my mind while traveling if it would stand up to the task.
Before the trac bar & sway bar mods, a Volkswagon could pass us & the wind coming off of it would push us around, NO more though. I just very little can feel a simi passing, so I can understand your joy.

I was thinking yesterday about you folks north on I-95, glad you waited a day later cause the wind was really terrible Monday.
I got stuff in my yard I dont know where it came from & got some of my stuff missing.
Neil
C-Leigh Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I was actually surprised to find a stock front trac bar under my F53 2011 Suncruiser and even more surprised to not find a rear trac bar. Go figure...The addition of the Blue Ox bar made a big difference.
LAT-LON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I put an Ultratrac in mine, but regardless, I too noticed a marked improvement in the ride.
The white line nightmare of fighting crosswinds became almost unnoticeable after the installation.

Keith
Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainsktg View Post
I put an Ultratrac in mine, but regardless, I too noticed a marked improvement in the ride.
The white line nightmare of fighting crosswinds became almost unnoticeable after the installation.

Keith
Same here on the Ultratrac. I was totally amazed in difference in handling.

Phillip
Newmarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #8

I too built my own rear trac bar. Cost less than $100.00. It took care of the passing problem. I went to omeys-performance and clicked on trac bar. Saved me a bunch of money doing it myself.
koda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I played it safe and added a front and rear Blue Ox trac bars. Makes a world of difference.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajudge View Post
I played it safe and added a front and rear Blue Ox trac bars. Makes a world of difference.
Did you put them on at the same time, or did one & done a test run.
Be interesting to see if there was any difference bolting on one, test run & then bolt on the other.
Neil
C-Leigh Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Front end terrible shimmy sometimes----Davis TruTrac Bar corrected problem since 2001.

Rear axle rubber bushings on heavy sway bar failed.----New poly bushings corrected problem since 2007.

Rear axle sideways movement (tail wagging the dog)----Stabilizer Bar rear axle to frame corrected problem since 2008

15 1/2" steering wheel to small----18" steering wheel on wish list.
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #12

Just want to add one more thing. For some reason, I have read a few recent reports where folks found the mounting hardware for their F-53 rear sway bar was loose. I plan on checking mine soon, others may too.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #13

Add me to those who have found a rear Tiger-trak a very solution. A great product.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I found something interesting when trying to install my Tiger Trac Bar on our Vista, all went well till I tried to hook up the bar itself, the bolt holes were about 3/8" off and the adjustment was all used up. I measured the differential position and found it was sitting too far over on the passenger side, I measured from the frame to inner rims. Blue Ox tech support says the bar is the correct measurement and if Ford tells me the measurements are within spec to call Blue Ox back and they will help me......
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote