Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Got my Gear and Trans FT working. Now I am looking for on on the Oil Temp and Pressure. Anyone have intel on these 2? The standard Oil Temp ones from Ford are no worky
I also tried to establish an EOT gauge on my TorquePro dash, but was informed by multiple sources that there is not a sensor on the F53/V10 platform that monitors it. So no joy. I do have a "dumb" Oil Pressure gauge in the dash of my 2016 Allegro, but again, no OBDII sensor for it.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #30

Did not think a gauge could be “dumb”. I have the same I ‘spose on my ‘15 chassis for oil temp and pressure. That just sounds bizarre.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Possibly the ScanGauge users have a different experience with EOT & EOP on the V10?? If they monitor either, then maybe there is a solution lurking out there somewhere.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:12 PM   #32

I wonder if the transmission gear works on 2006 ford gasser. Anyone have any luck with that even though not listed in xgauge?
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I will get in the ford service website and see what i can find i will post back latter tonight
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnugget View Post

i'm guessing that's' an E350? over 14000 lbs remained obd1 for a while... the plug is the same as the newer obd2 plug, but it's obd1. i get plenty of other data over torque, just not tft...

OBD 11 was only for under 8500 gvw vehicles for 96 to 99 i believe over 8500 gvw started sometime in 2001 but i could be wrong
Old 01-18-2018, 09:06 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
I also tried to establish an EOT gauge on my TorquePro dash, but was informed by multiple sources that there is not a sensor on the F53/V10 platform that monitors it. So no joy. I do have a "dumb" Oil Pressure gauge in the dash of my 2016 Allegro, but again, no OBDII sensor for it.
The ford modular engine family has an oil pressure SWITCH, its just a off-on switch,it is NOT a pressure transmitter.
Switch off 0-15 psi
Switch on 16+ psi
Old 01-18-2018, 09:09 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Got my Gear and Trans FT working. Now I am looking for on on the Oil Temp and Pressure. Anyone have intel on these 2? The standard Oil Temp ones from Ford are no worky
There are no oil pressure, and oil temp monitors on ford v10's
Old 01-18-2018, 09:16 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
That's kind of strange. I've got the SCAN Gauge II and it has always displayed TFT or Transmission Fluid Temperature.

It may have fooled me but if memory serves me correctly I recall scanning through all the standard read out options and the TFT is displayed more than once.

I'll double check it again when we take our next trip.

One reading that I have never been able to get is the cylinder head temperature. I've called them twice on it and still no luck. It will display CHT but I get no reading.
Coolant temp is monitored via cylinder head temp pid, not actual coolant temp on the v10's, different than diesels.

Tags
transmission