Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I bought my 99 Dolphn last year the speedo would do the same thing. When you started to move the speedo would jump to around 40 MPH. The dealer had to remove the speedo and send it to ford for repair. Cost $750.00, took a week for the repair.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #16

I'll have to check my service agreement to see it that is covered. If I understood correctly, anything that does not meet the manufacturers specs, it is covered and repaired with a $200 deductible. I don't know if that is per item or per incident.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #17

It's only $100 deductible and under Chassis, is gauges and under Deluxe/Hi-Tech, is dash printed circuit boards. Haven't found anything saying per item or claim.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:51 AM   #18

Pond Piggies Club
When the overdrive light was flashing was the transmission shifting hard? We left on a trip and a few miles after leaving we stopped at a stop sign, after going the transmission shifted hard and the speedomter stopped working. After a few more stops everthing was working normal. I did not notice if the OD light was flashing or not. Drove from ohio to NC and back with no problems. Just wondering if this may be signs of things to come.
BIG ZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I'll have to check my service agreement to see it that is covered. If I understood correctly, anything that does not meet the manufacturers specs, it is covered and repaired with a $200 deductible. I don't know if that is per item or per incident.
I'm not real familiar with the Ford motorhome chassis, but all the heavy Fords we get at work have the speedo sensor in the rear differential and those sensors 95% of the time are the culprit for wacky speedos. And simple to fix, I however cannot charge 245 bucks for labor like the dealership. I do have a conscious.
gauto5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #20

Never looked at the diff. There is one on the shift selector, one on the top of the tranny, which I think might be the OD control, and one on the tail shaft, which might be the speedo.

BRB, gonna check.

tic, tic, tic, tic...

Just checked. Without crawling under it, there do not appear to be any electrical connectors on the diff. I'm familiar with the tone ring type that are on diffs, though.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
I was told there are three sensors on the tranny casing itself - no-one referred to the diff on mine (2000 F53).
asprn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #22

There are in fact three electrical connectors on the transmission. I know that as I have re-seated all of them.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by asprn View Post
Makes more sense, but they must have an hourly rate of $245 then. :-(
Well, they allege 2 hours of labor including the diagnostic.....hmmph!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
You have four plugs on the 4R100 transmission:
1. Transmission Vehicle Harness Connector (Shift Solenoid A, Shift Solenoid B, Vehicle Power, Torque Converter Clutch, Coast Clutch Solenoid, Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor, Electronic Pressure Control, Electronic Pressure Control Power and Signal Return (SIG RTN)).

2. Digital Transmission Range (TR) Sensor Connector (TR1, TR2, TR3A, TR4, FSD PWR FD, STR Control, Back Up, STR to INT and SIG RTN).

3. Output Shaft Speed (OSS) Sensor Harness Connector (Output Shaft Speed Sensor (OSS) & Signal Return).

4. Turbine Shaft Speed Sensor (TSS) Harness Connector (Turbine Shaft Speed (TSS) Sensor, Signal Return).
subford is offline   Reply With Quote