Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
Ford is sticking with NA for gas in their V10 replacement. Look up Ford 7x, current info is 7.3L V8.

Ecoboost economy goes away under load, why it works well in a pickup is it gets good mileage under light load which a pickup has most of the time but still has the power when needed. In MH the Ecoboost would be under significant load all the time and not be worth it for all the extra complexity / cost.

I still think they need to do a Powerstroke option on the F53 I think that would be a great combo, although at a significant cost over the V10.
I'm not concerned over the fuel economy, probably not many people are as all these coaches suck fuel. I like the extra torque at much lower RPMs.

The powerstroke would be very interesting as well.

Steve
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2018, 08:15 AM   #16

Iggy,
Are you serious sir, about the V8 rear diesel F53 ?. Any links to read up on it. Man, 7.3 V8 turbo, air ride & will have the short tail, so getting rid of that dredded tail wag & probably a 30,000 GVWR.
Neil
Old 09-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #17

A supercharger kit for a V-8 would be adequate for the V-10, as you really don't need engine killing boost. I am not a big fan of the power stroke as it is problem prone and to access anything except oil or belt changes is a major problem. I don't know about the last 4 years of power stroke, but most people run at the site of a 2 year old ford diesel. If you are talking about 38' or shorter, a front engine diesel is the answer. I know, many say the front engine diesel is too noisy, but have they actually ridden in one? Today's diesels are pretty quite. But then you have the rough ride, but that is the beauty of the diesel. You have the power down low to regain the speed that you would loose by slowing down for rough roads.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Leigh Racing View Post
As for the Ford V8 diesel in the rear of the F53, it would probably be the 6.0 failure engine, so they could get filthy rich off of rv owners. Lord help if it would be bringing the ol dependable 7.3 V8 & put it in it.
Neil
Both the 6.0L and the 7.3L are out of production and are never coming back. And both of them were made by International.

Ford and International had a big falling out over the 6.0L. It was complete with large lawsuits. I can't see those two companies working together again in our lifetimes.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky View Post
Both the 6.0L and the 7.3L are out of production and are never coming back. And both of them were made by International.

Ford and International had a big falling out over the 6.0L. It was complete with large lawsuits. I can't see those two companies working together again in our lifetimes.
Not to mention all the people that bought the 6.0L. A lot of people say, "they should bring back the 7.3, it was a great engine, it ran forever", yea they did, but most of them only half ran because it cost too much to keep repairing them. Not to mention the weight and the noise, and they really burned clean.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky View Post
The 7.3L I mentioned is the new GAS one they are working to replace the V10, have any insider info?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-GT500-Mustang-Supercharged-5_2L-Engine-2020-MY-North-America-Vehicle-Programs.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	217489
Old 09-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #21

Oh, *THAT* 7.3L. I have no insider info. It's been 11.5 years since I had insider info.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmanbaker View Post
A supercharger kit for a V-8 would be adequate for the V-10, as you really don't need engine killing boost.
someone finally spoke up with a Super Charger idea, it would have to be small but, pretty of grunt on the low end. Engine compartment just doesn't allow much room at least with the cut away C's. Caterpillar and Ford use to play nice together...80's I believe!

Super Charger with a Turbo it's been done Lancia Delta Last of the Super B's
guestPacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turbo, v10