Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Ultrapower has a new performance upgrade for the F53 V10 chassis.We have programmed custom chips for the V10 and here are our results.
A 51 horsepower increase,47 Ft.Lbs of torque & up to 2.1 Miles per gallon increase.all of this can be achieved on 87 octane fuel.We also are coming out with a Cold air intake kit,we should have pieces to test next week,but I expect similar results to the Workhorse kit.We also have stainless free flowing mufflers available & the Banks power pack.Feel free to post any questions and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Ultrapower has a new performance upgrade for the F53 V10 chassis.We have programmed custom chips for the V10 and here are our results.
A 51 horsepower increase,47 Ft.Lbs of torque & up to 2.1 Miles per gallon increase.all of this can be achieved on 87 octane fuel.We also are coming out with a Cold air intake kit,we should have pieces to test next week,but I expect similar results to the Workhorse kit.We also have stainless free flowing mufflers available & the Banks power pack.Feel free to post any questions and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Is there any issue of the tranny not being able to handle this increase?
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #4

All I see are words, no guaranteed minimum increase. Lay it on us, if you believe in the product take some of the risk out of the customer purchase and back the product with a minimum guarantee or your money back.

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:53 PM   #5

Chalk me up as a sceptic.

Mine runs closed loop down the highway. There's nothing in the computer that you could ever do to pick up 2 MPG, nothing.

As for power and torque, there's lot of things in play. A simple back to back chassis dyno run isn't so simple. Fueling is based on a computer model of the catalyst. One run to the next could look very different. Locking the torque converter can make a big difference too.

Spent yesterday on the chassis dyno. Not with my motorhome (I wish), but with a few other vehicles and products supposed to add power. Some did, some didn't, but nothing the made claims like that! Especially for not changing any hardware.

Wish you were closer Mike, love have a closer look. Someday maybe I'll get to a chassis dyno with my motorhome. What's a typical baseline, 250 HP maybe? Little over 300 foot pounds of torque?

I have worked with a few different chassis dynos in the area. Some couldn't handle a motorhome (10' door what were they thinking?) I could check on some rates, if anyone around here wants to play with a Ford, I'm up for it.

Tim

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Mike,

We have not seen any Transmission failures on the coaches we have upgraded.The Ford Tranny is not as strong as the Allison,but were not adding as much power either.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:12 AM   #7
Official iRV2 Sponsor

N8XV,

If you read the Ultrapower Evaluation post on the Workhorse you will see that we do offer a money back gaurantee.We also prove everything by using our Dyno & with great customer feeback.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #8
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Tim,

All vehicles run in closed loop while running down the highway,if it goes to open loop there's a problem.The Ford V10 puts out approx.260 HP & 375 TQ at the ground,running it on our Dyno.After we install our Ultrapower chip we get 319 HP & 427 TQ,we put in an air temperature adjustment calculation on the MAF sensor.

Some of the changes we make are:
Adaptive fuel remapping which corrects fueling problems.
Remap base & borderline detonation spark advance as well as associated adder tables like commanded A/F ratios,EGR,Load,ACT,ECT for increased performance & fuel mileage.
Change torque management tables for increased performance.
Adjust EGR table for maximum fuel economy & lowest emissions.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
TIM, Mike is coming 2/3d's way across to the Tenn IRV2 rally in JULY if you can give it a go. Some Fords will be there getting the upgrade. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
Some Fords will be there getting the upgrade. "007" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be on of them. down!!
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:17 AM   #11

maybe i missed reading the post that quotes a price, so can i (we) get a price for the upgrade so i can start working on "SHE who must be obeyed" to open up some funding. thanx, terry
Old 03-24-2006, 06:46 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The price for the v-10 Chip upgrade is 695.00 if you need any others go to top of forums Tenn rally a post for sign ups click on brazels post right hand side will give prices for other upgrades. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:30 AM   #13

I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff Brazel at the FMCA convention at Pomona. A real gentleman, bought a couple of Koni shocks from him which they installed. Talked about the computer re-programming and his quote to me was $795 as I recall. If it works as they claim, seems it would be a good investment for anyone keeping their coach for an extended period of time.

Best regards,

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:14 PM   #14
Official iRV2 Sponsor

It was Jeff's first show & he and the crew did an awesome job!!!