Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
V10 Performance Tuning

Had my v10 performane tuning done. I'm really happy with the results. 1500 miles and almost 1mpg increase and the power is better able to handle the grades. Traveled through grants pass, grapevine, siskiyou pass, anderson grade etc and it is much much better.
Scuster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2014, 12:11 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuster1 View Post
Had my v10 performane tuning done. I'm really happy with the results. 1500 miles and almost 1mpg increase and the power is better able to handle the grades. Traveled through grants pass, grapevine, siskiyou pass, anderson grade etc and it is much much better.

Please fill out your Signature with details and also give more info on What Performance tune you got done.

As far a what I have seen with the 5Star tune is very good. I can't say anything about mpg because now I can go faster and keep up with the big boys. As far as drive ability it's real good except for the 5 -3 down shift. It would be much better if it would go 5 - 4 then if needed go 4 -3. Going straight 5 -3 seems too harsh so I feather the throttle some to get it into 5 -4.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We had Henderson's lineup do the tuning. They use a tuner by Brazels. Had some suspention work done also happy with that too. Sway bars and a safe T plus.
Scuster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I just ordered the 5 Star Tune yesterday. It should be here Friday and I will install it over the weekend. We travel a lot from Maryland across I 64 and down I 81 to Cherokee North Carolina. There are a few small mountains we cross. We will be doing the trip again on November 12th so I will get a good idea as how the 5 Star works.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
I just ordered the 5 Star Tune yesterday. It should be here Friday and I will install it over the weekend. We travel a lot from Maryland across I 64 and down I 81 to Cherokee North Carolina. There are a few small mountains we cross. We will be doing the trip again on November 12th so I will get a good idea as how the 5 Star works.
I would like to say thank you for the opportunity to tune your rig! When you go on your trip in November please let us know how your rig is running and how you like your tune.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
Please fill out your Signature with details and also give more info on What Performance tune you got done.

As far a what I have seen with the 5Star tune is very good. I can't say anything about mpg because now I can go faster and keep up with the big boys. As far as drive ability it's real good except for the 5 -3 down shift. It would be much better if it would go 5 - 4 then if needed go 4 -3. Going straight 5 -3 seems too harsh so I feather the throttle some to get it into 5 -4.
I appreciate the feedback on our tune! Glad to hear you are now rolling with the big boys. Do you know what speed/grade your vehicle is doing the 5-3 downshift?
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Mike, We have about 18000 miles on the rig and many of those miles are on the road to Cherokee. I am very familiar with the route and know how the engine runs on all the grades so my feedback will be from experience and no guess work. I think we have been on that road four times since April. I also record mileage after each fill-up. I am not that concerned about the mileage but is something the wife has always done with each rig we have owned.

I am looking forward to see the difference in the overall performance.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C & are considering 5 Star tuning, but what do I need to order????
Dennis Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #9

V10 Performance Tuning

5StarcTune is a must for the V10. More power much better shifting. We have a 2014 328 Georgetown. On way to Florida we stopped by their shop and wow!!!!!
K3wtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:43 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
You can call their number and talk to one of the techs. They will even take your order over the phone. 843-536-1244
Old 10-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I received the 5 Star tune yesterday and installed it today. It was very easy to install. I found the connector just to the right of the steering wheel. I may take it for a test drive later, more to make sure everything is running right than to test the tune. I think I probably won't know whats going on with the tune until I head south on the 12th.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:04 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Will this 5star tune void the factory warranty?
RVBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
I would like to say thank you for the opportunity to tune your rig! When you go on your trip in November please let us know how your rig is running and how you like your tune.
What's the cost for this on a Ford Triton V10 - on a 1999 Winnebago?
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Concerning the installation, is it simple like plug and play?
Dennis Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
v10