Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2015, 06:53 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
If they are rubber vacuum lines any auto part store should have them.
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
If they're the plastic, colored vacuum tubing, I used rubber,windshield wiper fluid tubing. I cutout the bad section and slipped the 2 plastic ends into the rubber tubing a few inches. It'll help to lube the plastic.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:17 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt46 View Post
If they're the plastic, colored vacuum tubing, I used rubber,windshield wiper fluid tubing. I cutout the bad section and slipped the 2 plastic ends into the rubber tubing a few inches. It'll help to lube the plastic.
I have done this many times. It works well. If you want a one time cure, NAPA sells silicone tubing that will never go bad. I have part of a roll in my garage that is over 20 years old and still like new.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:32 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Spartan Chassis
Vacumm hose size

Does any of know what size hose I need. I'm going to take old hose to NAPA and get silicone.
ARFFMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Spartan Chassis
Attached is a picture of the controls for my AC/Heater controls. Does this identify my system install on my MH?
Name:   IMG_6595 (1).JPG
Views: 105
Size:  32.8 KB

Cant figure out how to rotate picture.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:01 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Tough to say exactly, but Evans has something similar (emphasis on "similar") whereas Frigette does not. Have you tried to get this info from the Mfg?
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #21

I tore my dash apart several years ago and totally rebuilt it. I also did an over haul on the SCS/Fridgette heater/AC system. That control panel looks very similar to mine, except it has chrome knobs where mine are just black plastic. The whole system is vacuum controlled. I spent several days running down vacuum leaks. I have an inexpensive (cheap) vacuum pump that is hand operated and it's invaluable piece of test gear for vacuum systems.

In addition to the heat control servo in your photo, there are at least three more servos. One is a multi-port that will be on the bottom of your heater air manifold box under the dash. The others are simple on-off servos. One on left end of air manifold box under the dash, one on the outside of the firewall. The one on the outside opens the AC damper in AC mode. The one on left side controls upper/lower air flow.

I had to replace all of my servos as they all bled vacuum. I tried to "refresh" them by oiling their seals, but figured they would just dry out and I'd have to replace them eventually. I found multiple vacuum leaks where the vacuum lines penetrate the firewall and there was a vacuum leak on one line right at the control panel.

My NAPA store was able to find the servos and order them in for me. If I remember the multi-port was over a hundred bucks. The on-off ones were around $40 each. Guy at the store said he had redone a customer's truck with electric servos and a new control panel, but it wasn't cheap.

If you can get a vacuum pump you can check your system right at the control panel. Pull it out carefully and find the color coded lines coming out of the back of it. You can pull off one line at a time and connect it to your pump. Take your time as a small leak won't show up right away. When you pump up the vacuum, you should hear the servos operate.

On my old dash there was a panel just to the right of the gas pedal that could be remove to help access the air manifold box, but it was still pretty tight in there.

Good luck!
Old 06-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Spartan Chassis
Model?

I can't find any identifying number on unit. I'll call Newmar and see if they can help me.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
[QUOTE=Climbon69;2601520]I tore my dash apart several years ago and totally rebuilt it. I also did an over haul on the SCS/Fridgette heater/AC system. That control panel looks very similar to mine, except it has chrome knobs where mine are just black plastic. The whole system is vacuum controlled. I spent several days running down vacuum leaks. I have an inexpensive (cheap) vacuum pump that is hand operated and it's invaluable piece of test gear for vacuum systems.

In addition to the heat control servo in your photo, there are at least three more servos. One is a multi-port that will be on the bottom of your heater air manifold box under the dash. The others are simple on-off servos. One on left end of air manifold box under the dash, one on the outside of the firewall. The one on the outside opens the AC damper in AC mode. The one on left side controls upper/lower air flow.

I had to replace all of my servos as they all bled vacuum. I tried to "refresh" them by oiling their seals, but figured they would just dry out and I'd have to replace them eventually. I found multiple vacuum leaks where the vacuum lines penetrate the firewall and there was a vacuum leak on one line right at the control panel.

My NAPA store was able to find the servos and order them in for me. If I remember the multi-port was over a hundred bucks. The on-off ones were around $40 each. Guy at the store said he had redone a customer's truck with electric servos and a new control panel, but it wasn't cheap.

If you can get a vacuum pump you can check your system right at the control panel. Pull it out carefully and find the color coded lines coming out of the back of it. You can pull off one line at a time and connect it to your pump. Take your time as a small leak won't show up right away. When you pump up the vacuum, you should hear the servos operate.

On my old dash there was a panel just to the right of the gas pedal that could be remove to help access the air manifold box, but it was still pretty tight in there.

Good luck![/QUI

I am chasing down vacuum leaks myself. I hear a leak at the control panel itself.
I just can/t for the life of me get the black plastic knobs off the front of the dash board.

Is there a special tool or something, or do you just pry them off with a screwdriver. I just don't want to break them.

I don't think the vacuum lines are leaking, but I think the control itself is leaking.

That there even looks tricky to get at and apart from my dashboard.

My dashboard does lift up to get access at the back of it which is a huge help.

Thanks for any and all answers.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote