Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #1
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
When Does the Warranty Start?

Thanks to some information that Davidjeff sent me my Ford Warrenty started on Feb 26 but I took delivery on June 23. I was always under the impression that the chassis and the coach warranty started on delivery.

Am I wrong or is this more of the Hot Potato game played with the warranty? So is there some reason I loose four months? Other than Fords bottom line?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2016, 09:26 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
When you signed the papers at the time of purchase, the warranty started
Old 12-11-2016, 09:51 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks. After I posted I asked Mr Google and found information. Shudda asked him first.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to JIMBO34PA Send a message via Yahoo to JIMBO34PA
delayed warranty start date

RRR: It is very common that coach and chassis have different dates, the chassis is shipped to coach builder and depending on production schedules , months may elapse. now coach is shipped to dealer and may sit on lot for months until sold. the dealer should submit to Ford for a change in warranty start date . the day you PURCHASED the coach is the day the Ford chassis warranty should start . this is important because chassis parts have 3 yr /36k warranty and powertrain has 5yr/60k warranty . Your dealer can and should be able to submit forms for you . All Ford chassis owners should check OASIS when your coach goes into a Ford dealer to make start date is correct !
Old 12-17-2016, 11:18 AM   #5

For me it almost became an issue.

I ordered a new coach and the dealership asked me to sign papers when it arrived so that they could get paid. It was a little over three weeks till it was ready for delivery because the 2015 Roadmaster sway bar did not fit my 2016 chassis. Roadmaster sent a crew to measure my coach and they fit a sway bar built for a Tiffin onto my chassis.

Days after my warranty ended I had an issue with a slide and the in dash radio. My dealership, Awesome RV, in Washington State, stepped up to get the repairs completed under warranty.

If you do have problems call your manufacturer and log the issue especially if you are near the end of your warranty.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #6

Ours started when we signed the papers at the dealer and drove it off the lot.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same here, and the mileage warranty does not include the delivery miles, 1,900 miles in my case.

Tags
warranty