RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2014, 04:16 AM   #1

Windsheld Wipers?

My 1990 Pace arrow windshield wipers have lost there place to park!! They come on and work but do not stop in proper location. Is this a linkage problem or motor or what exactly do I need to look at?????

homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2014, 04:44 AM   #2

Look at the wiring, there should be a hot wire to the motor along with the switched wire. When you turn off the switch, the hot feed runs the motor until a switch inside the motor opens, at the park position.

twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:02 AM   #3

So this would be an internal motor issue?
Old 12-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
On most of the wipers that I have worked on IMO you will be putting on a new wiper motor, the park mechanism is internal.
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
On most of the wipers that I have worked on IMO you will be putting on a new wiper motor, the park mechanism is internal.
Thank you
Old 12-23-2014, 05:51 AM   #6

While I have your attention can you tell me where to find such a motor?
Old 12-23-2014, 06:00 AM   #7

It`s only an internal issue if there is power to the motor, when the switch is off. I have seen loose connections cause your problem. Better to check for free then spend for nothing.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
The motor will be available at a lot of aftermarket suppliers. Getting the correct one may be an issue. If you take it off and to a parts house they may be able to locate it more easily.

The wiper stuff on a MH is one of those items that is between the chassis and coach manufacturer. It's kind of like the engine heat and A/C system. You really need the engine to supply a compressor mount and drive belt and the coolant for them to work.

We are your neighbors (AR) just to the south of you and have been by Colaw's many, many times in our travels. They are one of the largest RV suppliers of used RV parts and they are over by Springfield I'd give them a call. Because of the age of your RV that would be my first call. I'm sure they can at least point you in the right direction. Also because they get a lot of calls like yours they may have a supplier of new or rebuilt units.

TeJay
Old 12-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It might be that the nut holding the wiper linkage in place has gotten loose. Check the simple things first before spending money.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:12 AM   #10

Today it seems to be working ok. I don't usually drive in the rain but this week we are trying to get south to warmer areas. And today they are working ok. So we are good for now. Maybe the wet weather made some wiring issues, but thanks for the tips and suggestions.