Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2016, 05:09 PM   #1

ABS light

Had my engine and gen serviced... now my ABS light on...did they pull something loose or coincidental? thoughts of something quick to check? will try to pull codes this weekend thoughts?? thx

2003 Endeavor RR8R
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2016, 08:54 PM   #2

I really doubt the servicing had an effect, but, there is a chance of over-greasing near the wheel and getting grease on the tone-ring.

Often the light is triggered by dirt on the tone-ring, incorrect clearance between wheel sensor and tone-ring.
Without knowing the brand of your ABS system, here is the Meritor-Wabco ABS system service manual for reference.
When I asked a mechanic about my ABS light on, he said to use a high-pressure washer to spray the entire back side of all Wheels on my MH. This will likely wet drum brakes so do not drive your MH for a few hours afterwards. In my case it did work to clean the tone-ring/toothed ring on the back of each wheel.
You may not get the same result.
IMO, This is not a serious issue, as your brakes still work-except the anti-lock brake system is not working properly, but that glaring yellow light is an annoyance when driving.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:17 AM   #3

My system is a Bosch/Eaton ABS system thx
Old 12-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
There should be a method to check the codes on your ABS system. You may check your manual and read that section.

You can get a PDF copy of your manual here
RV Owners Manuals – Holiday Rambler RVs – Holiday Rambler Motorhomes

On page 10-314 it explains how to get the blink codes. You might check to make sure there isn't a change, I found an Adendum on line for my Windsor that had a change to procedure.

If the light is on you will get a code. You will have to find a Eaton/Bendix manual with codes.

Last time I had a problem it was the front drivers side sensor. I pulled it out, clean it and put it all the way back in, drove it, and the light went out.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, light