Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Air Dump problems

I have a 95 Monaco Windsor 32' that I am having trouble with the rear dump valves. The rear valves do not have any voltage to them. The valves work. I cut the wires and applied 12 volts and both valve function and are clear of debri. I ohm'd between the white and red wire and have continuity between them which does not seem right. I ohm'd each wire to ground and white was infinitive and the red had 97ohms. I also took the wires off of the front valve and checked for continuity from each color to same wire back at the rear valves and did not have it. I am getting down to where I am going to have to start tracing wires in the loom. Any suggestions?
69gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #2

Air dump

I have a 96 windsor 32' and the wiring should about be the same.
From what I see- the power comes from a 10 amp fuse in the front panel to the switch, then to and thru Molex connector D(pull the dash)and then the 3 dump solenoids are tied together(maybe at the Molex connector) and then to the wiring harnesses. My schematic says the wires are black. Anyway- all the dump valves wires are tied together at some point so where that is may be where your problem is.
Wish I could help more.
sjholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
sjholt

Hey thanks for the response. I will pull open the dash and investigate there.
I wish I could find a wiring diagram.
Thanks again.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Wiring Diagrams

I have just purchased '94 Dynasty and have a number of wiring diagram sheets and will check to see what diagrams I have showing the Air Dump system controls... In return I'd love a tutorial on when and why to dump air. No kidding.

My intro to the coach has been a quick run thru by a seller who has never sold a Dynasty. My knowledge is limited scouring the owners manual a dozen times but have focused on safety related systems... mostly exhaust brakes operation and pyrometer usage.
wheato22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Air Dump Valve Wiring Diagram

69GTO
My '94 Dynasty wiring diagram shows rear dump solenoids connected in parallel. With ground side of the solenoids connected to white wire which is commonly used as "ground" in Monaco's terminology.

The +12V side of the two Rear solenoids are shown connected to the +12V side of the Front solenoid. Logically one black wire from the rear pair of solenoids would make the trek thru the loom and connect directly to the Terminal Strip 1 in the Front Electrical Bay outside the coach in front of the left wheel. From there to the Air Switch and then back to the electrical bay Dump Fuse where it finds +12V.

My electrical experience would suggest to me that the rear solenoids are not getting a good ground. The white wire always seems to be ground on my Dynasty wiring diagrams.
wheato22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Cool Wheato22

Hey Thanks, I checked the grounds and everything was good. I ended up running a new wire from front to back and that fixed it.

I understand what you are saying about wanting a tutorial on air dump. I had no instructions what so ever, but have I hope, figured out why to dump. If you dump the air bags and lower the coach then you lower the jacks just enough to level and stable the coach. This makes the steps lower and less need for an extra step.

I would like to get copies of you wiring diagrams if possible. I would be willing to pay you for copies. Let me know if that is a possibility.

Thanks again
Jamie