Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2017, 05:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLUV View Post
On my 2006 Beaver those air connections behind the battery compartment are on the secondary air tank whose pressure is shown on the "GREEN" needle of the air gauge on your dash. On mine the air bags are on the primary air tank "RED" needle. Also on the primary tank are the air brakes.
Which color needle drops pressure on your gauge? That will isolate your leak.

You can use the air fitting you mention to fill tires or anywhere you need compressed air.
It's taken a while to reply to this as we have been working on other things.

With the air. We fixed the quick disconnect, still had leaks on both the red and green needles. Fixed a pop off valve on one of the tanks under the L/R slide. Now she holds full air on the green side. Still losing air on the red. So bags or brakes it sounds like.
Nasdaqsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2017, 06:29 AM   #16

Also wanted to add it seems like just the rear bags lose air the fronts stay full. I would have thought that is a complete circuit?????
Old 06-27-2017, 06:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim8499 View Post
Be sure to check the 6 pack valves if it is a slow leak. They all leak if the have not been resealed.
jim e
06 monaco exec
We have a winner. All 6 valves leaking.

When you say reseal you mean new O-rings, correct?
I tried sourcing some locally tonight but no luck. I will check the big rig shops in the morning.

Thanks
Old 07-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdaqsam View Post

I tried sourcing some locally tonight but no luck. I will check the big rig shops in the morning.

Thanks

Check the Internet, particularly ebay, I just replaced both front and rear 6 pack manifolds for under 500.00 in parts--much less costly than repairing the valve sleeves, O-rings, etc., on each of the manifolds.
RayJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJo View Post
Check the Internet, particularly ebay, I just replaced both front and rear 6 pack manifolds for under 500.00 in parts--much less costly than repairing the valve sleeves, O-rings, etc., on each of the manifolds.
It ended up we just needed O-rings for the rear one. I didn't realize there was one on the front also. The front bags hold air the rears we have down to it going done every other day. A definite improvement. I think we are going to need it get up on a lift to find anymore.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:27 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
If you ever go west on US 80, stop at HWH in Moscow, IA and have HWH replace all the o-rings on the 6 pack level control manifolds. 13 years old-it's time. Had mine done there last year. leveling is perfect and holds for months when on our lot in AZ.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_rep View Post
If you ever go west on US 80, stop at HWH in Moscow, IA and have HWH replace all the o-rings on the 6 pack level control manifolds. 13 years old-it's time. Had mine done there last year. leveling is perfect and holds for months when on our lot in AZ.
We were able to do it ourselves. Had to clean up the block a bit but the rear one is done. Someone said there might be a front one but I have not had a chance to get under to check that yet.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:25 AM   #22

Air level system losing air

You mentioned finding a lift. A few years ago we stayed at a campground that had an oil change pit. It was an excellent opportunity to inspect and do maintenance on the chassis. You could check around your neighborhood to see who has a pit you might be able to use by the hour.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdaqsam View Post

Thanks
If this is an HWH six-pack manifold like those used on Foretravels, you can source the o-rings at most hardware stores (the ones that have the drawers of loose bits).

From the discussion on Foreforums

We got the official HWH RAP6554 kit today (about .65 for each o-ring) and I measured them with my vernier dial calipers.

I came up with a cross section of .068 which correlates to a 1/16 0-ring. A 1/16 O-ring is listed as .070 actual on the AS568A chart.

The small one I measured as .688 OD which corresponds to a #015 which is listed as .691 OD on the AS568A chart

The large one I measured as 1.498 OD which corresponds to a #028 which is listed as 1.504 OD on the AS568A chart

There is also a gentleman who had the internal plungers replicated (the seats eventually "take a set" and can stop sealing reliably) and sells a full 6-pack rebuild kit for about $100 per six pack. Here's what the internals of a valve look like if you need to do a full rebuild http://www.irvblog.com/foretravel%20...eveling-Valve/

Let me know if you need help finding this info. PM would probably be best since I don't normally follow this sub-board, I just happened to catch it in the recent topics.

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
If this is an HWH six-pack manifold like those used on Foretravels, you can source the o-rings at most hardware stores (the ones that have the drawers of loose bits).

From the discussion on Foreforums

We got the official HWH RAP6554 kit today (about .65 for each o-ring) and I measured them with my vernier dial calipers.

I came up with a cross section of .068 which correlates to a 1/16 0-ring. A 1/16 O-ring is listed as .070 actual on the AS568A chart.

The small one I measured as .688 OD which corresponds to a #015 which is listed as .691 OD on the AS568A chart

The large one I measured as 1.498 OD which corresponds to a #028 which is listed as 1.504 OD on the AS568A chart

There is also a gentleman who had the internal plungers replicated (the seats eventually "take a set" and can stop sealing reliably) and sells a full 6-pack rebuild kit for about $100 per six pack. Here's what the internals of a valve look like if you need to do a full rebuild HWH Leveling Valve

Let me know if you need help finding this info. PM would probably be best since I don't normally follow this sub-board, I just happened to catch it in the recent topics.

Michelle
Great info. I think we have this one fixed for now but this will be good info to keep for future leaks. Thanks
Old 07-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #25

Update,

So we found every leak we could possibly find with out another option for looking. The bubbles, listening and all other basic options have been exhausted. And we still getting a slow leak on the red side (about 24 hours to 0) and a very very slow leak on the green side (about 48 hours to 0).

right now neither is a big issue because we have not been actually camping yet but I can see having the coach go off level every 24 hours is going to be something I can want fixed.

I have been looking at the ultrasonic leak detector's and earlier posted offered as a suggestion. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Would hate to drop 300 on one to find out they do not work. I know the $300 sound crazy but it how much is going to cost to bring this to a garage at $100/hour to trace these going to cost?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #26

Gulf Streamers Club
Google lists places that rent ultrasonic leak detectors. Also, don't know where you live or who you know, but you might ask at the local gas company (LP or natural gas) or installers of gas appliances, fire departments, etc. Perhaps you can find a tech with the equipment willing to work on the side or for a 6 pack. I agree, paying a service garage at $100 an hour is not to my liking, but also buying a $300 detector that will seldom be used pinches my wallet. Maybe you could carry it with you and charge your campground site rental fee to find leaks for folks in the campground.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Google lists places that rent ultrasonic leak detectors. Also, don't know where you live or who you know, but you might ask at the local gas company (LP or natural gas) or installers of gas appliances, fire departments, etc. Perhaps you can find a tech with the equipment willing to work on the side or for a 6 pack. I agree, paying a service garage at $100 an hour is not to my liking, but also buying a $300 detector that will seldom be used pinches my wallet. Maybe you could carry it with you and charge your campground site rental fee to find leaks for folks in the campground.
I like the way you think. Mobile air leak finder at your service, cheap at twice the price.....lol
Old 07-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #28

If the problem is a leaking check valve, there will be no escaping air at the point of the problem, but the ultrasonic sensor may detect it.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote